What would be your fifteenth club?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Typically I'll only have 12 or 13 clubs anyway.

Tomorrow is an exception when I'll be putting the full 14 in the bag;
1, 3, 5 & 7 Mizuno "White Fang" woods
3 to SW Dunlop "Peter Thomson" irons
Edinburgh Golf "Rapier" Putter

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I see your point.
I don't view the fourteen club rule as anything worth observing, either.
May as well fill that fifteenth slot.
It has "nothing to do with the rules."

To be irritatingly precise, carrying 15 clubs does have something to do with the rules. It was your question that had no relevance in this particular forum.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Driver 9 deg
3 wood 12 deg
1-SW
Putter
14 clubs, no need for any more.

bob do they still make 1 irons ?

I thought I did well last week when I proper twatted a five iron, but a one iron. In my hands that would not get a ball 3 ft off the ground.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I think it's an interesting question whichever folder it sits in... and surely you can cut some slack to a relatively new arrival?

Maybe I'd also re space to add an extra rescue club in the bag.... or add a 5 wood...

Where the did 14 limit come from anyway? Without some players would need to caddies two carry all the stuff!

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Lets boil down the numbers issue.

The rules stipulate a maximum of FOURTEEN clubs.
My cart bag is designed for FIFTEEN clubs.
My complete set includes SIXTEEN clubs.

(17, 20, and 23.5º fairway metalwoods, all of which I could find useful while I list but one in my WITB signature.)

My question assumes that we all play just fourteen clubs or fewer as stipulated, but asks what club one might choose were a fifteenth club allowed.

The replies indicate that that most Golf Monthly Forum contributors are quite content with fourteen, and that some find twelve or thirteen more than sufficient.

While I might find it interesting to go into the thought process behind my set configuration as well as your thoughts regarding yours, comments suggest that I might be the ONLY
lingerer on this website who would find such an exercise the least bit interesting.

You good people can play all winter. You don't have to occupy your minds with ancillary thoughts about golf until April rolls along.

And you're NORTH of me which makes it not seem fair.

My suggestion is this.
Take my excess of free time into consideration.
If I introduce a thread which provokes little interest in the UK golf community, just ignore it and try not to think badly of me.
For one thing, I'm just a yank with lots of time to kill.
For another, the flagsticks are still in where you are.
Count your blesswings.

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
Great question, probably an extra wedge - I flick between 56 and 60 to just a 58 then throw in the 2 iron hybrid.

I'm sure manufacturers would love to have the club limit increased - easy win for an increase in sales!