What really gets on my........

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tits.

Are the people that finish out the hole first, then just stand there waiting on everone else. There is one thing they can do while waiting. The lift the Effing flag. How many times have we all seen this, the 1st person to finish out just stands there. I think it should be a rule. 1st person to finish out lift's the flag/pin!

This happens to me all the time, I just ask the person who does it, if the flag/pin is to heavy for them. A guy I play with every Saturday would be one of these people, we have to tell him to lift the flag. More time's than enough he's finished the hole well before we get to the green.

How many times have we all been last to putt out and the other guys are already walking off the green and we're left to replace the pin. Now that really drives me nuts.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree 100%. I feel exactly the same, and often make it as a sort of rule before I start a round with a group of people. I am fairly new to the game but just see it as the correct thing to do, any golfer with half decent green etiquette will also pick up the frigging flag. Anyone that doesn't really does wind me up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Am I missing something. I thought the person nearest the hole attends or takes the flag out. The person furthest putts first and if they hole out or choose to finish they simply pick up the flag as those nearer putt out in turn.

If everyone has lagged close it is the first person to complete the hole who grabs the flag as the others are finishing. Pop it back in and all move off.

This is simple golfin ettiqutte. No need for unwritten rules before you start. If your group are moving off while others are putting out they need to be taught some manners sharpish.

The best solution I can suggest if it happens on a regular basis and you are left with the flag after holing out is to move over to their bags and dump the flag inside the bag. They'll have to put it in then and you have made your point

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I agree he who finishes first tends the flag--

Just a little story about a partner i played with one day in a society outing--As we left the 2nd green towards the 3rd tee here was Walter Mitty pulling his trolley with one hand and carrying the flag in the other.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not always. I often find I am marking the card for our 4 ball (I prefer to do my own card so I always mark). As a result, on one card, I am marking 4 stableford scores for the swindle, and a matchplay four ball better ball.
Even if I putt out first, I am not doing the flag, as I can start doing the card. someone else can do it, who is otherwise doing zip.

On a bounce game, fair enough.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In medal I don't, but in our Saturday swindle, as long as there is a card, then no one cares. Other wise we would need two cards, and no one takes it that seriously.

Medal, or official club comp, then cards are numbered, signed for, and them marked by my playing partners as per the rules.

Anticipating next comment, re not marking the card on the green, in my view you can do this, provided you are not the last to leave the green having done so. Nothing worse than some muppet standing on his own in the middle of the green, marking a card, whilst his mates are already on the next tee box.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Male golfers never put the loo seat down. They leave it to us girls.

you've only got one dunny in the clubhouse?

As for the male golfer- that's what all those big trees bordering the fairways are for aren't they? :cool: