What is the funniest thing that has happenned to you on the course?

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
Inspired by the never seen that on a golf course before what is the funniest thing that has happened to you whilst playing a round of golf?

I used to play with a couple of regular playing partners and there was always great banter between us and one hell of a lot of good humoured mickey taking. One of my playing partners who was also a work colleague purchased a good quality wedge online for a good price and kept going on and on and on and on about it during the week leading up to the game, saying things such as how much the wedge help him in certain scenarios and how much he will whip us around the greens etc.

Saturday Morning we all meet up and he has his new wedge in his bag and again he goes on and on about it. We get to the first green and he plays with his usual PW so of course plenty of mickey taking and he states that he is waiting for a perfect scenario of having to lob the ball over a high bunker onto the green to use the club.About 3-4 holes in that perfect scenario presents itself a high bunker is between him and the green.

He claps his hands together rubs hands and says right this is it the new clubs first outing watch this. He addresses the ball places the club head behind the ball and goes eh!

It was a left handed club (he is right handed)

You probably had to be there but it was comedy gold we fell about laughing 12 years later this story still brings a huge smile to my face.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Inspired by the never seen that on a golf course before what is the funniest thing that has happened to you whilst playing a round of golf?

I used to play with a couple of regular playing partners and there was always great banter between us and one hell of a lot of good humoured mickey taking. One of my playing partners who was also a work colleague purchased a good quality wedge online for a good price and kept going on and on and on and on about it during the week leading up to the game, saying things such as how much the wedge help him in certain scenarios and how much he will whip us around the greens etc.

Saturday Morning we all meet up and he has his new wedge in his bag and again he goes on and on about it. We get to the first green and he plays with his usual PW so of course plenty of mickey taking and he states that he is waiting for a perfect scenario of having to lob the ball over a high bunker onto the green to use the club.About 3-4 holes in that perfect scenario presents itself a high bunker is between him and the green.

He claps his hands together rubs hands and says right this is it the new clubs first outing watch this. He addresses the ball places the club head behind the ball and goes eh!

You probably had to be there but it was comedy gold we fell about laughing 12 years later this story still brings a huge smile to my face.

Brilliant. Made me laugh.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't happen on the course but on one of our annual social meets with all the lads one of them had been out the night before so was in a bit of a state when he got picked up. Messaged one of the lads to pick him up from his brother's house as he'd gone back there after being to the pub. Chucked his overnight bag in the boot, got in the back of the car, fell a sleep and set of to Carden park.

Got to Carden and realised he'd left his golf clubs and shoes in his van in the pub car park in Bradford!!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Gold :rofl:

pieface

Medal Winner
Visit site
This is the 2nd time I have took up golf a few years back I tried and failed.
A personal highlight was playing with some old boys at my previous club, I had a stinker which came to a head when I hit my tee shot and managed to hit the Ladies tee marker which resulted in the ball rolling 30 yards behind where I played my tee shot from.

Later on in the round I shanked a shot into the farmers field, one of the experienced golfers took me under his wing, I then hit the next 5 shots into the exact same farmers field and he gave up on me.

That was the day I quit golf for the first time!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
If your sensitive, against poor humour, liberal namby, or a decent human being don’t read this.

In a three ball. One of the lads had strayed abit to the right. One of the group on the parallel hole hit their second shot, hit my mate on the foot.
He was livid. There was no warning. He instantly vomits out abuse to the guy coming up F ing this F ing that, followed by “are you a ****** mong?”

Turns out he had a disability and was out with his grandparents. It all went a little quiet after that.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A mate showing off with his new remote controlled electric trolley. He was making it spin round on the spot and zooming it around from about 50 yards away. It all went wrong when he mixed his left and right and drove it into a water filled ditch. Oh how we laughed.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being beaten by ChrisD and his winter league partner 7&6, then on the very next tee I called him a w*anker at the top of his back swing, as the game was over, but the ball pitched an inch left of the hole, spun and dropped in!!!!! first hi1 ive ever seen too. He's def a w*anker! lol

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Went a golfing holiday in Perthshire with three mates from work down south about 30yrs ago. Playing Blair Atholl - Kev - he who at 25 was suffering from a bit premature pattern baldness, took a mighty swing at the ball - and took a massive divot, with the ball trickling just a few yards. The divot flew up in the air and landed very neatly on where his hair had gone from top of his head.

We decided the name of the holiday golfing trophy at the point - the MASHIE!!!-niblick... trophy. The divot was retained and stuck in the cup of the trophy subsequently awarded.

Gazrico

Visit site
A few years back , on the 10th tee shortish par 3
there was a tent pitched and some camping gear beside it, on the tee right beside the medal markers but not in the way

didn't stop play gone the next day

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This is the 2nd time I have took up golf a few years back I tried and failed.
A personal highlight was playing with some old boys at my previous club, I had a stinker which came to a head when I hit my tee shot and managed to hit the Ladies tee marker which resulted in the ball rolling 30 yards behind where I played my tee shot from.

Later on in the round I shanked a shot into the farmers field, one of the experienced golfers took me under his wing, I then hit the next 5 shots into the exact same farmers field and he gave up on me.

That was the day I quit golf for the first time!

A mate did that once on a par three. Flew straight back and would have take a head off had it hit but whistled between us and back across the fairway of another hole. A 170 odd yard par 3 was now playing more like 350 and he was hitting two from the semi-rough. The rest of us were in tears as he trundled off with his bag

Leereed

Head Pro
Visit site
When I first started playing me and a mate played a local council course and two young lasses were sat in bunker next to the green and as me and a mate walked up they said we could do rude things in the woods with them for 20 cigs and a pizza.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
When I first started playing me and a mate played a local council course and two young lasses were sat in bunker next to the green and as me and a mate walked up they said we could do rude things in the woods with them for 20 cigs and a pizza.

And?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Who walks around a golf course with a pizza in their bag?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was playing in a three ball with some mates. One of them hit a drive that wasn't quite a top but a proper low fizzer, inch or two off the ground. About 50 yards in front of us was the ladies tee, and next to the tee markers they had these little wooden boxes for putting broken tees and stuff - well his ball absolutely annihilated this thing, smashed it to pieces! We waited for a second to check he wasn't annoyed, but then all three of us fell about laughing.

Leereed

Head Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately only played it a few for times,was in rough part off Leeds and they had a bottle of Lambrini each so we could have had a nice picnic.