Handing in cards

sjw

Visit site
So I've handed in my initial 3 (well actually 4) cards for handicapping. Three of the four cards were in a 3-ball. When I handed the cards in, the guy in the shop will know who I am, so they'll go on my record.

Presumably, the marker's scores won't go on his handicap. What about the third player? If he wanted to put a card in, would he have had to have another copy?

Obviously from now I can just use the app so it doesn't really matter, and the other players weren't bothered about putting a card in. I'm just wondering if I should have let the pro shop know that the cards were just for my record and not for the others.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I've handed in my initial 3 (well actually 4) cards for handicapping. Three of the four cards were in a 3-ball. When I handed the cards in, the guy in the shop will know who I am, so they'll go on my record.

Presumably, the marker's scores won't go on his handicap. What about the third player? If he wanted to put a card in, would he have had to have another copy?

Obviously from now I can just use the app so it doesn't really matter, and the other players weren't bothered about putting a card in. I'm just wondering if I should have let the pro shop know that the cards were just for my record and not for the others.
I think you have to say before you tee off it’s for handicap you can’t just put cards in if you choose.

Pre book on the app. Or it’s not acceptable.

wjemather

Visit site
Assuming the scorecards were clearly marked with your name and the words "for initial handicap" (or something similar), then no other scores on the cards should get entered onto the system - scores shouldn't be entered without a corresponding pre-registration anyway, but pro shops are not necessarily aware of WHS rules.

For information (as much of it is too late in this case)... under WHS, the process for submitting scores for initial handicap is essentially the same as for subsequent General Play scores, i.e. the intention to submit a score must be pre-registered, and the scores should be entered onto the system on the day (which can be done by the player through the app).

sjw

Visit site
Assuming the scorecards were clearly marked with your name and the words "for initial handicap" (or something similar), then no other scores on the cards should get entered onto the system - scores shouldn't be entered without a corresponding pre-registration anyway, but pro shops are not necessarily aware of WHS rules.

For information (as much of it is too late in this case)... under WHS, the process for submitting scores for initial handicap is essentially the same as for subsequent General Play scores, i.e. the intention to submit a score must be pre-registered, and the scores should be entered onto the system on the day (which can be done by the player through the app).

Great, that's pretty much what I thought. The other guys scored quite well anyway so I'm sure they wouldn't mind if they did go on! I asked about pre-registration but was told for the initial 3 it wasn't required (which I thought was wrong, but I have no interest in cheating the system). I just wanted to get the cards in so I didn't complain.

I'm aware of the pre-registration on the app and that's what I'll be using from now, when possible.