What is happening at your club for the state funeral?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been announced that the course and club will be closed all day. Don't agree with it in principle, but won't affect me as I wasn't planning on going on Monday anyway

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Fully closed, as is case of most if not all clubs in area. I personally have no issues. It's a spcial holiday for a specific purpose and that isn't for playing golf. Some members will go out I have no doubt. I suspect they might not be covered by clubs insurance policies and there will be noone around to help if they have problems on the course.

The Captain has received email complaints, understandable, but not acceptable that some are personal in nature.

Last edited:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
We've just had the email stating that the clubhouse and pro shop will be closed, but the course open. No green keeping staff working either so greens could be a little wooly after 3 days growth.

Seems the right balance to me.

Hacky

Visit site
We have a hotel at our place which means guests on site Sunday/Monday , so both of the courses and the clubhouse will be open. A message sent out is ’Members may play on the day of the funeral as ‘it is your personal choice’ but it strongly encouraged to be dressed in black or wear a black armband’. All televisions will only be showing the funeral. The one cancellation is a Ladies Comp due to be played. Personally, I feel this is the right direction to take, not that I shall be playing but I do appreciate that some have differing views.

D-S

Visit site
We've just had the email stating that the clubhouse and pro shop will be closed, but the course open. No green keeping staff working either so greens could be a little wooly after 3 days growth.

Seems the right balance to me.
They should be cutting the greens on Saturday and Sunday so it would only be 1 days extra growth.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
They should be cutting the greens on Saturday and Sunday so it would only be 1 days extra growth.

They will be cut early Saturday morning for the competition but nothing on Sunday unless they decide to come in in lieu of the Monday.

The flipside is that overnight temps this week look as though they will be much lower that they have been recently so hopefully that will limit growth somewhat.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
We have a hotel at our place which means guests on site Sunday/Monday , so both of the courses and the clubhouse will be open. A message sent out is ’Members may play on the day of the funeral as ‘it is your personal choice’ but it strongly encouraged to be dressed in black or wear a black armband’. All televisions will only be showing the funeral. The one cancellation is a Ladies Comp due to be played. Personally, I feel this is the right direction to take, not that I shall be playing but I do appreciate that some have differing views.

Think I shall do the same although nothing has been mentioned