What do you love about the game?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I love the banter with the guys I play with. I love the buzz of sinking a monster putt. I hit a shot last week that was sublime, and I'm still buzzing thinking about it. The weather, the views, the wildlife. Whats not to like?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I usually only play once a week, so it is a proper day out for me. Get there a few minutes before tee off for a chat with members, 18 holes, with plenty of laughs. Nice bacon bap at the halfway hut, and a couple of drinks and some late lunch aferwards. Playing with like minded chaps. Those that take it too seriously need not apply. :)

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everything.
Especially on a lovely day on a quiet course.
I love the way everything is a challenge from a tough stroke one to a hole you should birdie. I love the challenge of getting my handicap down.
I guess it says it all when you leave the 18th green after a dreadful round and you are already planning to come back tomorrow and do it better.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Even on a really bad scoring day it's still great to be out there. Great surroundings, great company and a beer in the 19th. Given how many are no longer able to play through one thing and another, and how long your dead for, I'm planning to start ensuring I enjoy my golf even more going forward.