Score 38 points

SSS is 37 points

Cut yourself relevant to the category you are in

If it’s a medal just convert your score to stableford and work from there

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it’s a medal just convert your score to stableford and work from there
Why bother converting every hole to stableford if you only need to record gross scores. Just be aware of the occasional net double bogey.

But remember in three months time the differential formula will be quite different, there will be no CSS and your handicap will be available on your phone by the next morning after the 8/20 calculation has been done (whether or not the comp has been closed).

PaulS

Visit site
Why bother converting every hole to stableford if you only need to record gross scores. Just be aware of the occasional net double bogey.

But remember in three months time the differential formula will be quite different, there will be no CSS and your handicap will be available on your phone by the next morning after the 8/20 calculation has been done (whether or not the comp has been closed).

Because 99.9 % of golfers already do it anyway , and everyone’s HC system ( IG etc ) does it for you

People know Stableford score they have without complicating things too much ( as we can see on this thread )

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because 99.9 % of golfers already do it anyway , and everyone’s HC system ( IG etc ) does it for you

But it won't work that way from November if you want to know your handicap tomorrow.
If you simply want to know how well you've played, gross - CR tells you.
But the former was the point of the thread.

NearHull

Visit site
To close the thread, I finally received the handicap adjustment from Friday. (There was a bit of an admin faff that held up the closure). I was cut from 12.5 to 12.0, CSS 72 (Par 72). Cut of 0.3 and0.2. I had played the Club Medal on Saturday at 12 and the Seniors Open at Harrogate also at 12.
thank you to all who advised me.??