Well done Tiger... Again!!!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
He closed it out really well, he does look ominous!

It bothered me he couldn't be bothered to wear pink, even a pinker shade of red. His pr is rubbish!!

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tiger of course played pretty well, but when it come down to it, he held it together better then the others.
Tiger only posted a 70 and considering the scores people had been posting that's quite moderate scoring.
Forgetting the slight squabble between Sergio and tiger, I think no one can deny it was Tigers Week.
Well played

T

thecraw

Must have been Tigers fault. :whistle:

Well done Tiger on the win, well done to Lingmerth on a fantastic shot on 17 and being tied for second.

Poor showing from the brits again at Sawgrass and you gotta love the 17th for the drama!!!!

We don't have independence yet you ken! Therefore I think that Scotsman going by the name of Laird did ok.

carlosportsman

Club Champion
Visit site
Another strong showing from Tiger in victory, he is very much looking like the Tiger of old, that said I still wonder about his chances at the US Open, Merion is very much a ball strikers course, if doubt it then glance at the winners of tournaments held there, US Open's - Hogan, Tevino & David Graham were all ball strikers of the highest order. The last US Amatuer held there was won by Eduardo Molinari, another ball striker, all the signs point to the fact that you will need someone who is accurate off the tee at Merion, there could be an argument that Woods will be able to use irons off the tee all week on par 4's but I think it won't be as simple as that, Stenson looks a good bet to me, he hits his 3 wood with accuracy and distance, he looks like he is in the mood to bag a big win.

Last edited:
S

Snelly

He closed it out really well, he does look ominous!

It bothered me he couldn't be bothered to wear pink, even a pinker shade of red. His pr is rubbish!!

From a PR perspective, he can't be the easiest gig on the PGA Tour these days.

But why would he wear pink? Was there a breast cancer element to this?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

It was Mother's Day in the US and they back it up with a big push on breast cancer. That said, he's never gonna change from red on the final round. That's his one constant. That and scaring the life out of the field. Garcia blew up coz he knew he would fail in the play off. Their head to head is very one sided.

S

Snelly

I can think of a few other "constants" for Tigger. I will refrain from airing them though as it is a day for fanboys to celebrate the returning hero and I don't want to rain on the parade.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

It was Mother's Day in the US and they back it up with a big push on breast cancer. That said, he's never gonna change from red on the final round. That's his one constant. That and scaring the life out of the field. Garcia blew up coz he knew he would fail in the play off. Their head to head is very one sided.

it was designated as a breast cancer awareness day

http://www.breastcancermarathon.com..._players_championship_is_quickly_approaching/

some wore pink, others had a ribbon. Tiger had nothing. He may have made a donation. who knows.

For someone who was/is so concerned about image/legacy he's actually pretty rubbish at portraying an image.

All he had to do is pin a ribbon on his bag, he may have done something but it wasn't conspicuous.

I don't want this to turn into a Tiger bash! He played really nicely, wasn't to blame for Sergio's moan,

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Westwood also had a top 10

Just because he got a top 10 doesn't mean it was a good showing. He played ok but had too many big mistakes and his putting was dubious in the last two rounds.
Rory is another one, great start then shoots even par, plus 2 and finished with a 70. Not exactly great for the world number 2.

carlosportsman

Club Champion
Visit site
I can think of a few other "constants" for Tigger. I will refrain from airing them though as it is a day for fanboys to celebrate the returning hero and I don't want to rain on the parade.

I am sure we all know them as well, as an admirer of Tiger's golfing ability I felt it was a good performance. Do I think Tiger is a credit to his sport in respect of his behaviour on course, no, but then nor do I think Garcia is, and think he should be careful when he starts talking about bad sportsmanship etc.. For me I have always felt Sergio has never been pulled up for his own 'bad behaviour' or poor attitude

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
tiger has given more to charity than this board put together. there is a saying in the bible - don't let you left hand know, what your right hand is doing. sounds like my golf swing tbh :eek:

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am sure we all know them as well, as an admirer of Tiger's golfing ability I felt it was a good performance. Do I think Tiger is a credit to his sport in respect of his behaviour on course, no, but then nor do I think Garcia is, and think he should be careful when he starts talking about bad sportsmanship etc.. For me I have always felt Sergio has never been pulled up for his own 'bad behaviour' or poor attitude

The media really don't help either. When Tiger teed off on the 18th hitting a draw to a perfect position they decided it would be good to see Tigers reaction and then had to apologise for his language! Why use that shot? They just seem to be trying to fuel the fire as I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other golfers on the tour who would have reacted exactly the same when hitting a shot like that with so much pressure on it and the media wouldn't have shown it.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just because he got a top 10 doesn't mean it was a good showing. He played ok but had too many big mistakes and his putting was dubious in the last two rounds.
Rory is another one, great start then shoots even par, plus 2 and finished with a 70. Not exactly great for the world number 2.

has westwood stolen strickers heel in the air putter? anytime I seen him put last night he was just dribbling putts like a jessi. sorry lee :(

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
tiger has given more to charity than this board put together. there is a saying in the bible - don't let you left hand know, what your right hand is doing. sounds like my golf swing tbh :eek:

the point is, it was an awareness drive. A donation doesn't raise awareness. Tiger winning a tournament, wearing pink on a Sunday is more powerful than giving cash

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I've never really gotten this role model situation of sports stars. Surely their performances are the most important thing as far as inspiring the next generation. I see plenty of youngsters and I don't see them swearing and spitting. Granted he does both of those, but most great sportsman of this era air their frustration in this way (swearing). I'd suggest hat the fact that he works as hard as any and without a doubt is the main reason for the fitness improvements in the sport. Credit to Snead and player on this front too.

Id rather watch a snarling tiger than the one of the last 2 years who seems to not care. Will be be know as the greatest golfer (taking into account being a nice guy). Probably not, but no doubt he'll be known as the most successful. I can't see him not getting the most pga wins. And with a win ratio of 25% nobody will touch that. The only question mark is majors, yet the haters on here say even if he gets them it won't natter. So I guess he always will split opinion.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
the point is, it was an awareness drive. A donation doesn't raise awareness. Tiger winning a tournament, wearing pink on a Sunday is more powerful than giving cash

Do you really think the chastity would rather he wore pink or donated millions? Also, if one person watching on the tv is unaware of cancer then they must live in a bubble.

carlosportsman

Club Champion
Visit site

I think in terms of Westwood's recent performances it is a step forward.

Rory is still struggling to put 4 rounds together at the moment, since the course changes at Wentworth he has only had 3 rounds under par and has shot 79, 76, 74 (twice) so hard to see him clicking for 4 rounds at his next tournament.

carlosportsman

Club Champion
Visit site
I've never really gotten this role model situation of sports stars. Surely their performances are the most important thing as far as inspiring the next generation. I see plenty of youngsters and I don't see them swearing and spitting. Granted he does both of those, but most great sportsman of this era air their frustration in this way (swearing). I'd suggest hat the fact that he works as hard as any and without a doubt is the main reason for the fitness improvements in the sport. Credit to Snead and player on this front too.

Id rather watch a snarling tiger than the one of the last 2 years who seems to not care. Will be be know as the greatest golfer (taking into account being a nice guy). Probably not, but no doubt he'll be known as the most successful. I can't see him not getting the most pga wins. And with a win ratio of 25% nobody will touch that. The only question mark is majors, yet the haters on here say even if he gets them it won't natter. So I guess he always will split opinion.

Yep, I would agree with you there, every golfer shows frustration in different ways, hey lets be fair to Tiger as well, he was playing with someone who made Ben Crane and Webb Simpson look very quick and Tiger could easily have let that frustrate him but he didn't, he knew the lad was struggling and let it be, there is something to be said for that because as much as Tiger is zoned in to the point he isn't sometimes as aware of what the other player is doing as he should be, he also doesn't let things other than his game affect him mentally.