Weight lifting chalk

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played in the rain the other day and forgot my rain gloves, fortunately, I had my gym kit in the car so used lifting chalk (non-dust) instead. Works really well. Also, you can be used on the clubface for strike. Not just for lifting #lifehack

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seems a bit messy for golf. In the weightlifting world, no notice is played to a having a chalk handprint on the crotch or arse of your singlet, however, I can imagine the club committee might be a bit more concerned by this look!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Seems a bit messy for golf. In the weightlifting world, no notice is played to a having a chalk handprint on the crotch or arse of your singlet, however, I can imagine the club committee might be a bit more concerned by this look!

Not a look that bothers a "car park member"!!!!!

;):p

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
no idea what it is or what its called, but the guys i play Hickory with run a stick over the leather grips before playing and the clubs stick to your hands like Glue... only problem is letting go;)

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
The liquid chalk stuff works a treat, I still have some in my bag for emergencies. It is especially good in hot humid conditions, I usually need to reapply it at the turn if using it in the rain though.
Just remember to let it dry properly before touching anything :oops:

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I actually know you are wrong. Rule 14-3.

Based on that rule, I am correct.

Rule 14-3a prohibits a player, during a stipulated round, from using any artificial device or unusual equipment, or using any equipment in an abnormal manner, that “might assist him in making a stroke or in his play

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

Rule 14-3a prohibits a player, during a stipulated round, from using any artificial device or unusual equipment, or using any equipment in an abnormal manner, that “might assist him in making a stroke or in his play
The problem is that you stopped reading too quickly...carry on and find

"Except as provided in the Rules, during a stipulated round the player must not use any artificial device or unusual equipment, or use any equipment in an abnormal manner:

a.

That might assist him in making a stroke or in his play; or

b.

For the purpose of gauging or measuring distance or conditions that might affect his play; or

c.

That might assist him in gripping the club, except that:

(i)

gloves may be worn provided that they are plain gloves;

(ii)

resin, powder and drying or moisturizing agents may be used; and

(iii)

a towel or handkerchief may be wrapped around the grip."

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thing I'd like to know is... do you wear your golf gloves to lift weights in the gym when you've forgotten your chalk? :LOL:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

You are NOT correct

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
You are NOT correct

Fair enough Duncan and Jacko.

I remember hearing Mark James tell a story where he was playing a tournament in the wet. And someone gave him a tip to keep some dry handkerchiefs in his bag and wrap it around the grip. He played well in the final day. he was telling someone about it and they told him it was illegal and he never played a good round in the wet again.

However, likely that rules have been changed since then. Probably to make sure people don't inadvertently break the rules.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Its been legal for years as I remember doing it as a junior, days prior to "rain gloves".

There are a lot of well meaning misinterpretations of the rules. I am not an expert by any means but usually know enough to get round!