Weight lifting chalk

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Definitely not allowed on the club face in the current or 2019 rule

(3) Deliberately Changing Club’s Performance Characteristics During Round.
A player must not make a stroke with a club whose performance characteristics he or she deliberately changed during the round (including while play is stopped under Rule 5.7a):

. By applying any substance to the clubhead (other than in cleaning it) to affect how it performs in making a stroke.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair enough Duncan and Jacko.

I remember hearing Mark James tell a story where he was playing a tournament in the wet. And someone gave him a tip to keep some dry handkerchiefs in his bag and wrap it around the grip. He played well in the final day. he was telling someone about it and they told him it was illegal and he never played a good round in the wet again.

However, likely that rules have been changed since then. Probably to make sure people don't inadvertently break the rules.

Prior to 1972 it was a plain glove - full stop.
In 1972, within the framework of the grip, it changed to plain gloves and material or substance applied to the grip, such as tape, gauze or resin.
It stayed this way, although it moved around within the rules from the definition of the club grip where it had sat to the dizzy heights of 37.9 as equipment, until the new code rules of 1984 where it took it's rightful place in 14.3 and was worded almost identically to the current 14.3 I've posted above.
For 2019 it remains with the same wording, and can be found in 4.3 a (5)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not really thought about chalk and have always relied on wet gloves in the rain. Daft question but as someone that has rarely seen a gym and certainly never lifted weights, where would you get it from?

Wolf

Visit site
Not really thought about chalk and have always relied on wet gloves in the rain. Daft question but as someone that has rarely seen a gym and certainly never lifted weights, where would you get it from?
Amazon get it really cheap, squirt a little on one hand then rub your hands together, blow a little air onto your hands and dries nicely. Fortunately for me running a gym I come across plenty of it for free.