Weekend membership.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My understanding is that the 7 day membership is for those who can only play at weekends.

You basically just get the weekdays thrown in for free.

If you can ONLY play in the week, then you get the 5 day membership, which will obviously be less than the weekend rate.

If a course is say £500 for the week, it may be £800 for the weekend (but should you have a day off work you can also play for free).

That's the way I see it anyway.

If that's right it's mental 😂 never thought of it that way before.

D

Deleted member 21258

That looks pretty good in all seriousness.

It would get you 10 Saturday morning rounds for £375.

Ok, that's £37.50 per round, but it's better than paying £900 or £1,000 and playing 20 rounds.

Personally I would hate to be joining a club and thinking I have 10 rounds to play. It seems like hardly anything and the beauty for me is nipping down on a quiet evening and getting 9 holes in.

Yeah completely agree, not something I would look at for me either.

Certainly good for a once a week fair weather golfer, as you are also allowed to buy upto another 100 points, which is 10 rounds at the weekend, would cost £250. You could play 20 rounds, keep a handicap, enter most comps for £625(comparing against full membership £770). Not that this is my club.

Lots of different membership options around this area generally and in wales, golf membership starts out a lot cheaper than down south/Essex area as well.(y)

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
No different to a members club? Different visitor rates midweek to weekend.
There’s a Club up here in the NE, Sharpley, been open about 7-8yrs, owner has very few members, course packed at weekends, owner has no intention of increasing membership as pay and play side so succesful.
Easier for that business model as he was starting from scratch.

But you wouldn’t want to play there every weekend with how busy it always is, it’s ok for a knock now and again.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aye even they have to move with the times :ROFLMAO:
Last week we were staying in a cottage only a few hundred yards from the posh Loch Lomond GC , we drove up to have a look around , the security guard closed the electronic gates as we approached. :eek: Maybe the sight of my Reliant Robin put them off :ROFLMAO:

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Last week we were staying in a cottage only a few hundred yards from the posh Loch Lomond GC , we drove up to have a look around , the security guard closed the electronic gates as we approached. :eek: Maybe the sight of my Reliant Robin put them off :ROFLMAO:

You should've messaged me id have came down and opened them for you or at least given you the code to get in, next time mate (y)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
In the same way a 5 day membership is cheaper than a 7 day membership? Yes of course.
well 5 day (midweek) would be off peak and weekends peak, so i would suggest weekend only membership should be dearer than 7 day. as someone else said 7 day is peak membership with weekdays thrown in for free.

I'm sure there would be clubs who would offer you weekend membership under those circumstances;)

D

Deleted member 1147

5 day membership = off peak, therefore cheaper

Weekend membership would be at peak rates, therefore more expensive

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

When me and Mrs Hogan stayed at Cameron House a few years ago I suggested we go and have look. I got as far as driving up to the gates but the look on the face of the security guard as he came out of the gatehouse suggested that I needn't bother asking if I could go in. I just turned round and drove off.

D

Deleted member 16999

But you wouldn’t want to play there every weekend with how busy it always is, it’s ok for a knock now and again.
Nope, certainly not, but it goes against all those stating Clubs would go bust.
I’m happy with a 7 day membership.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
well 5 day (midweek) would be off peak and weekends peak, so i would suggest weekend only membership should be dearer than 7 day. as someone else said 7 day is peak membership with weekdays thrown in for free.

I'm sure there would be clubs who would offer you weekend membership under those circumstances;)

Peak? I pay to play when I want, I don't take peak times into account, that is for visitors not members :p

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
what you are asking for is cheap weekend rates, the reason clubs don't offer this is pretty simple, even Tashy could understand why TBH:ROFLMAO:

Not really, I disagree with the " pay for weekend and weekdays are free" which is being bandied about. I'm a 7 day member not a 2 day and the others are free member. In most other situations, were I to reduce the times I can play I'd expect a reduced rate to match, say the rate of a 5 day membership.
Either way, I still think golf clubs are missing a trick here by not pushing the boundaries and introducing new schemes which benefits not jut the member, but the club as well.
Like I've always said though, golf clubs are like a business which is run by rank amateurs.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not really, I disagree with the " pay for weekend and weekdays are free" which is being bandied about. I'm a 7 day member not a 2 day and the others are free member. In most other situations, were I to reduce the times I can play I'd expect a reduced rate to match, say the rate of a 5 day membership.
Either way, I still think golf clubs are missing a trick here by not pushing the boundaries and introducing new schemes which benefits not jut the member, but the club as well.
Like I've always said though, golf clubs are like a business which is run by rank amateurs.

How does it benefit the club when they have a shortfall in funds from reduced membership fees when people take the cheaper option

There is no trick to miss because clubs won’t commit financial suicide

Weekends are prime slots and people pay extra for the prime slots.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
In most other situations, were I to reduce the times I can play I'd expect a reduced rate to match, say the rate of a 5 day membership.

So are you saying that teachers, for instance, should expect to get reduced rates for having to take their holidays in the school holiday periods because the nature of their job means they can't take holiday in term times when rates are significantly cheaper? My son in law would love that one (y)

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site

You need to rethink that one as well. Some golf clubs might be like that but I would say that (in my experience) many, particularly private members clubs, are actually run by a committee made up of professional people who give their time up for the benefit of their club - without remuneration.