Waterproof Jacket Recommendations

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking at getting a new waterproof jacket for the winter.

Does anyone have any recommendations on any to look at?

Willing to spend up to £100 so can hopefully pick up something decent for that price

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Check out Affordable Golf or Function 18, they both often seem to have some good stuff at reduced prices. Maybe Clubhouse Golf as well.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a new Sunderland jacket that has a life-time guarantee. Cost close to £100 from pro. Probably able to pick one up for less on line.

D

Deleted member 21258

I have a waterproof jacket with hood from a walking outlet. Certainly cheaper than the prices charged for golfing jackets.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a waterproof jacket with hood from a walking outlet. Certainly cheaper than the prices charged for golfing jackets.
Yeah, I got my 'golf waterproof' from TK Maxx, £25 for a water-resistant New Balance jacket with a hood. Does the job just fine in conjunction with my umbrella stand on the trolley and waterproof cap I just bought. I bought it in Small size so it wouldn't be baggy at all, and one of the things I like about it is the gathered elasticated cuffs on the sleeves, as I prefer to push them up slightly so my wrists are free.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Can't go wrong with Galvin Green. You can often pick up last year's models for around your budget if you shop about. It'll last you forever too!!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can't go wrong with Galvin Green. You can often pick up last year's models for around your budget if you shop about. It'll last you forever too!!

Oh yes you can! Their quality is definitely not what it used to be. I know a few people who have had issues with the products that are now made in China at ever increasing cost.

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
Check out kjus. Very underrated but got great reviews on other forums. Now starting to hit the Tour also with Lefty wearing the pro 3l. ive got the dexter 2.5 which was £90 and can confirm its better than my galvin I did have!

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
A good fitting breatheable one, as you'll no doubt be wearing it on warmer wet sessions too, so the breathing really helps.
I got an UA one and very pleased with it.