Waterproof Jacket Recommendations

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don't understand that, as GoreTex is breathable.
I've had no issues with my Galvin Green Paclite that has long sleeves.
I purposely bought Paclite due to it being thinner so I could just layer up when it's cold.

I don't think your the only one that don't understand Goretex. I saw a programme a few months ago that talked about breath ability of jackets and the university where waterproof jackets are tested. It was excellent. Suffice to say, after the failings of the GG coat, I Asked more questions this time when buying my coat.

Tashyboy

Visit site
nah im the stubborn type who likes to be proven right when they say something ;) enjoy your new shiny coat and act all surprised when you open it :)

Santa has been very good to me this year. Must be because I behave on this forum ??

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't think your the only one that don't understand Goretex. I saw a programme a few months ago that talked about breath ability of jackets and the university where waterproof jackets are tested. It was excellent. Suffice to say, after the failings of the GG coat, I Asked more questions this time when buying my coat.

So, with all that information digested what jacket will Santa be bringing you, then ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
So, with all that information digested what jacket will Santa be bringing you, then ?
It's a walking jacket ? Adapted for tashyboys special golf swing. In essence Jensen, it has a hood which will fold into the neck. The neck is high so will keep out wind. Important when you have had a broken neck ( that's another story).
Slightly lower over me arse end. Tis I thing of beauty. Plus it was half price ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've never had a GG keep me dry!

Best waterproof I had was a Peak Performance gore-tex jacket, sadly the seams started to peel away it was that old.

Now using Cross FTX again which I know performs well if it's kept clean and proofed regularly with Nikwax wash in and cleaner.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've never had a GG keep me dry!

Best waterproof I had was a Peak Performance gore-tex jacket, sadly the seams started to peel away it was that old.

Now using Cross FTX again which I know performs well if it's kept clean and proofed regularly with Nikwax wash in and cleaner.

Is that because you didn't follow the washing instructions:-
NO fabric softener, and
Garment needs 2 rinses ?