Waterproof Jacket Recommendations

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah, that's good to hear. It just looks a little thin.

That cheap price highlights the huge profit margin in these products.

Decent goretex waterproof jackets are thin if not lined, theyre great as a waterproof barrier but nothing else, for me this is great as can use them on a warm day or over layers on a colder one. The difference in thickness between my lined walking jacket which is Goretex and my golf one is massive!

D

Deleted member 3432

Is kjus stuff Goretex? If not, it should not have such high retail prices.

Just has a high end pricing point.

The price of their ski clothing is eye watering! Nice stuff however.....

D

Deleted member 3432

Not comfortable with the just has a high pricing point. If it's not better, it shouldn't be so expensive. That statement is enough for me to avoid it.

My mate has a Kjus ski jacket, it is very well made and having skiied in rainy conditions with him it just beads rain right off it. Its not Goretex, just another membreme that does the same job as Goretex.

The golf waterproofs will be the same, a quality membrane that is a goretex alternative.

As for pricing point they obviously have positioned themselves in the market at the premium end.

Try to avoid playing in the rain myself so not interested in payiing too much for waterproofs but would pay good money for a high quality windproof jacket as I seem to wear one all year round!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Back into the market as my waterproof FJ jacket wasn't as waterproof as I'd hoped. Mind you it is nearly six years old and only the left sleeve that seems to be getting damp so not the end of the world....yet. Worried it's the beginning of the end though

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I walked the dog this morning in constant, heavy rain.
My ProQuip TourFlex 360 didn't let one drop through ........................... it's awesome.

sunshine

Visit site
All these recommendations are good but you need to think about your body shape. Some brands eg puma and fj are made for a more athletic figure whereas others are cut for a more rotund figure. Even if you size up or down you won't find it comfortable swinging a club if it hasn't been designed for your shape.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went to byron bay yesterday. Anyway went into a Katmandu shop for walking and hiking etc. Saw a breathable coat reduced to £98. It looks gorgeous. It would be ideal. Didnt buy it as they had a goretex coat reduced to £100 but not my size, so am having an amble into brisbane to have a look at a shop in town to see if they have it there. Just kinda emphasises to me that the difference between walking and golf jackets re price is stupid.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to byron bay yesterday. Anyway went into a Katmandu shop for walking and hiking etc. Saw a breathable coat reduced to £98. It looks gorgeous. It would be ideal. Didnt buy it as they had a goretex coat reduced to £100 but not my size, so am having an amble into brisbane to have a look at a shop in town to see if they have it there. Just kinda emphasises to me that the difference between walking and golf jackets re price is stupid.

Katmandu stuff is brilliant. When my wife and I were in New Zealand 20-odd years ago we bought some Katmandu rucksacks. We have used them a lot, and they are still as good as new.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just been to shop in Brizzie for one. None in. 😖
Fortunately the woman in the shop has sorted me.out with one in a other shop. I pick it up tomorrow. 😁👍

dronfield

Visit site
Sheffield Pro Golf are advertising the Callaway Green Grass 3 jacket online at £60 with free p&p - looks decent for a waterproof, breathable jacket.

Rich

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

why? i paid £60 for an Adidas Golf Goretex jacket