Visit site
Easily! We can do one and a half dishwashers a day if we are at home

5 of us. Breakfast lunch and dinner that's 15 plates or bowls

15 sets of knifes and forks

Drink cups or glasses

Saucepans

Air fryer silicone trays

Mrs is washing up now and the dishwasher is full

Ah, in over 30 years of owning a dishwasher I've never put in saucepans and even with four of us home it never went on every day.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pans take up way too much space to put in the dishwasher. Putting pans in is just crazy talk 😄

Why would you have a dishwasher and wash up the pans?? How inefficient lol 🤣 dishwasher uses less energy than washing up and less water so putting them in saves energy 😜

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah, in over 30 years of owning a dishwasher I've never put in saucepans and even with four of us home it never went on every day.

I changed all our saucepans to stainless still to make sure as much as possible can go In the dishwasher

Why have a dog and bark yourself!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We have stainless steel pans, I still wash them in the sink. Crazy inefficient to run a dishwasher for them.

@pauljames87 , you've been on the sauce 😂
Is it? Won’t filling a sink and rinsing the pans use more water?

Our water bill is £38 per month. We’ve 2 teenagers who live in the shower. The dishwasher goes on at least once a day as does the washing machine.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Our water bill is £38 per month. We’ve 2 teenagers who live in the shower. The dishwasher goes on at least once a day as does the washing machine.
I guess at this point we'd have to work out the amount of water used, cost of running the dishwasher, against half filling a sink to wash a few pans. My head says the sink is cheaper but I don't care enough to look at the numbers. If somebody wants to and report back........... 😄

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Okay, I cracked first. Average dishwasher cycle uses 14 litres of water. A full sink is around 15 litres, personally I don't fill the sink. Honours even there then.

Heating the water is harder to work out. A dishwasher uses 1800 Watts per cycle. I can't work out how much power is needed to heat 10-12 litres in a sink 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair, that was pretty vague. They definitely use less water than I'd have thought. Power is more inconclusive, as I can't see the sink cost.

More marginal than I expected though 🤔. Pans just seem an inefficient use of space in a dishwasher though. Maybe that's just me, and @chellie 😄

Thing is if you don't fill with the pans you have to wash up the plates aswell otherwise you are running a dishwasher and washing up.. which is double the energy

Plus with the cheap overnight energy the dishwasher smashes the cost of the gas for the water ...

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Use a washing up bowl and fill it no more than half full. Jobs a good un.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Use a washing up bowl and fill it no more than half full. Jobs a good un.

But if you put them in the dishwasher it would then be full to go on, using very little water and energy

Where as if you wash up a bowl every day and a dishwasher every 2 days you could cut that right down with just 1 dishwasher a day

Plus when the solar arrives you can run it for free!!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
But if you put them in the dishwasher it would then be full to go on, using very little water and energy

Where as if you wash up a bowl every day and a dishwasher every 2 days you could cut that right down with just 1 dishwasher a day

Plus when the solar arrives you can run it for free!!
Will carry on doing it my way until the solar is here :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will carry on doing it my way until the solar is here :)

I started when the twins bottles didn't been to be sterilised anymore. Rather than washing them up by hand (which was a load of bottles as 2 of them) so in the dishwasher they went with the breakfast stuff

Quick 35 mins cycle on the solar

Job done lol 😀

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
A family with a big house, powershowers, dishwasher, washing machine, jetwash, hosepipe etc does not need or want a water meter. Other families in the road pay around £60 a month without a meter however the people we bought the hosue from was only 2 of them retired so made sense having a meter.

It willd rop once the kdis move on anyways.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A family with a big house, powershowers, dishwasher, washing machine, jetwash, hosepipe etc does not need or want a water meter. Other families in the road pay around £60 a month without a meter however the people we bought the hosue from was only 2 of them retired so made sense having a meter.

It willd rop once the kdis move on anyways.

Do power showers use a lot of water?
Reading your posts our households seem very similar I just only have normal showers and our usage is a lot lower