VPAR (or others)?

Mike79

Visit site
Looking at options to get a handicap in place, however I’m not in a position to look into a club membership this year until I know I’m going to play enough.

Was looking at VPAR which offers their own handicap, but not sure how applicable it is. Costs from around £41 a year. Gives some green fee discounts etc

MyOnlineGolfClub looks similar. But without the benefits - tracks handicap and you only pay if you need a certificate provided.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Not used VPar, but I track my scores and therefore handicap movement with Golfshake.

There's no cost involved unless you want a certificate. Is it the same as a club membership and competitions? I wouldn't know... I've never been a club member. But I do know for me, for the golf I play it works. I'm unlikely to play anywhere that require an official handicap anytime soon, so I don't really care for their claims as being accepted in most places, but they could be true!

One thing to note is that England Golf recently announced plans to offer golfers without clubs official handicaps. I'm not sure when this role out is due to happen, but it certainly ruffled a few feathers!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Another Golfshake user here and it’s perfectly ok although courses like sunningdale won’t accept their handicap “certificate”

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I briefly downloaded an app years ago called TheGrint which would give you a rough handicap after each round. Dunno how good it was though as I didn't use it in the end.