VPAR or Golf Shot app

Visit site
Still trying to get my first round in after a long time away and I certainly won't be playing with any regularity therefore I can't justify the layout costs and subscriptions to shot tracking such as shot scope or arccos etc.

I'm considering using VPAR or Golf Shot but just wondered what the pros and cons are? Also what's the difference between using the free versions of each over the paid version as I could pay for a subscription to either as and when I get a chance to play.

Does anyone on here use either with any regularity?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I use GolfShot and I paid for it at first when it was a one off payment (not a subscription) cost me £17.99 years ago - the same lifetime plan costs $90 now, but I only use it for distances - it's very good for that and links well to my Apple Watch

Visit site
I use GolfShot and I paid for it at first when it was a one off payment (not a subscription) cost me £17.99 years ago - the same lifetime plan costs $90 now, but I only use it for distances - it's very good for that and links well to my Apple Watch

Thanks David, it's good to know, that's what I intend to use it for mainly I think, checking distances etc but wouldn't mind tracking history too.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Hole 19 is still the best free app personally, I've been using it for like four years. Gives you GPS yardages, and you can log your fairways hit, greens in reg, number of putts etc.