Vice Golf balls.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
well......got a reply from Vice last night...this is what they said:

"I am still waiting for approval from upper management since our return policy only has a 30 days from day ordered duration and in your case the order was placed 2 years ago in 2017. I will keep you posted the soonest I get an update."

So it seems that their balls are only covered up to 30 days from order...........appalling if true....do they expected you to test every ball of your 60 within 30 days to make sure they are ok?! Bonkers......I fear that I will not be getting anything here. Not happy.

Tantamount to business suicide............thing is if they just sent me a box of the newest version of the Pro Plus it would go somewhere towards the dissapointement of the balls they sent me previously and, if the newer balls perform as they should..i.e no major discolouration /splitting...then I am back I to a fully paid up Vice ball owner. Happy days......otherwise I will have had a very bad experience with these balls and will share the frustration on my various golfing forums and fellow players here.

I hope Vice can see the bigger picture.

M

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

"I am still waiting for approval from upper management since our return policy only has a 30 days from day ordered duration and in your case the order was placed 2 years ago in 2017. I will keep you posted the soonest I get an update."

So it seems that their balls are only covered up to 30 days from order...........appalling if true....do they expected you to test every ball of your 60 within 30 days to make sure they are ok?! Bonkers......I fear that I will not be getting anything here. Not happy.

Tantamount to business suicide............thing is if they just sent me a box of the newest version of the Pro Plus it would go somewhere towards the dissapointement of the balls they sent me previously and, if the newer balls perform as they should..i.e no major discolouration /splitting...then I am back I to a fully paid up Vice ball owner. Happy days......otherwise I will have had a very bad experience with these balls and will share the frustration on my various golfing forums and fellow players here.

M
Tbh though after 2 years, what do you really expect?
You may say it’s only been used for 2 shots/2 holes/2 rounds but after 2 years all they are likely to think is “here’s another one trying it on”

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tbh though after 2 years, what do you really expect?
You may say it’s only been used for 2 shots/2 holes/2 rounds but after 2 years all they are likely to think is “here’s another one trying it on”

To clarify...these are brand new balls, from my plastic wrapped box of 24....yes I bought them July 2017, but am down to my last two boxes now.....did start to use them in August 2017 but found the colour fade a real issue, so swapped back to the Srixon Tour.......it was only when I was reading on forums that I was not alone on the fading, not to mention the recent blistering of a ball, that I seeked clarification from Vice....so this really is a brand new ball that has never been hit before.
Just sharing the information....and TBH....if they give me the run around, which seems to be on the cards, then I'll just move on....never buy their balls/products again etc...etc....
However, I will give then a chance to respond properly.
M

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I haven't read the entire thread as I've been away but my last experience with Vice some while back

I was online ordering when something cropped up at home so I cancelled off the site and didn't complete the payment stage. A day later I redid my order and didn't notice that my order, a couple of days earlier was still in my basket so I completed my order and paid. I then realised I'd ordered 12 boxes not the six I wanted so I contacted their Help line and asked them to cancel the order and let me reorder. I had a message back saying that they would change the order and not to worry!

Well they didn't, so I received 12 dozen. I asked them to take the 6 back or, at least, refund them and they refused saying it was entirely my fault and that was that. I sent them copies of their emails saying they would change the order but they wouldn't budge. When I asked why the order wasnt changed they said that I ordered in England from a German company but that the help line was in the USA and there was a bank holiday so the goods were shipped before the change could be made!

Generally if I've left a site the basket clears but I check better since but I haven't wanted to use them since ( I sold the over supply for what I paid for them or us still be using them)

Poor customer service I'd say

Wolf

Visit site

M
I get your point that to all intents and purposes your ball is new out of the box, however you did purchase them over 2 years ago whilst there is no reason to think your trying it on from a business perspective its not tantamount to suicide at all as they cannot prove that you haven't used their product in the 2years you've had it, only take your word which from my own experience of the ball being awful suggests you have no reason to try it on but companies won't see this, they'll only see the time line of purchase.

Likewise all companies will have a returns policy as part of their consumer terms and conditions. Its not up to them to make you read it but just to make sure its available for you to, if you choose not to then Vice despite the quality of the ball are within their rights to state its outside of their returns policy and do not have to give you anything regardless of it being a 30 day period or not.

To suggest they should at least send you a dozen balls to make up for it is a little naive imo as I said before it may be new out of the box to you but the product was sold to you over 2 years ago and your claim isn't within the returns policy. Even if faulty 2 years after purchase new out the box or not, in this instance you cannot have a claim to say that's poor service purely because of time frames.

This is where I think the buying in bulk theory is flawed because like you have bought a few boxes to keep the price down it has meant that you then have a surplus for sometime kicking about, which means if you happen to get a bad batch then scenarios like this will occur and the rights will always favour the company not the consumer because its been so long.

I haven't read the entire thread as I've been away but my last experience with Vice some while back

I was online ordering when something cropped up at home so I cancelled off the site and didn't complete the payment stage. A day later I redid my order and didn't notice that my order, a couple of days earlier was still in my basket so I completed my order and paid. I then realised I'd ordered 12 boxes not the six I wanted so I contacted their Help line and asked them to cancel the order and let me reorder. I had a message back saying that they would change the order and not to worry!

Well they didn't, so I received 12 dozen. I asked them to take the 6 back or, at least, refund them and they refused saying it was entirely my fault and that was that. I sent them copies of their emails saying they would change the order but they wouldn't budge. When I asked why the order wasnt changed they said that I ordered in England from a German company but that the help line was in the USA and there was a bank holiday so the goods were shipped before the change could be made!

Generally if I've left a site the basket clears but I check better since but I haven't wanted to use them since ( I sold the over supply for what I paid for them or us still be using them)

Poor customer service I'd say

Flip side of what I said above that's just absolutely terrible service and enough to stop me using someone ever again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's a real shame to hear these issues with Vice as the different models I've tried have all been really functional. It does seem really bad customer service and this could be a real problem for them going forward if more and more people start having issues too. Hopefully common sense will prevail but I am doubtful

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
TBH on my limited experience with Vice...Customer service has been good....I had a Vice Pure glove that split on me before I even got to the first tee, from my same order in July 2017....they replaced that, no quibbles, though the size was definitely smaller than they state.

It's just the balls......this was the whole reason I bought into the concept, to get a good tour level ball at a lower cost, however, clearly, the ones I have are not good.

We'll see that they have to say. I am hopeful that 'common business sense' will prevail!

M

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
TBH on my limited experience with Vice...Customer service has been good....I had a Vice Pure glove that split on me before I even got to the first tee, from my same order in July 2017....they replaced that, no quibbles, though the size was definitely smaller than they state.

It's just the balls......this was the whole reason I bought into the concept, to get a good tour level ball at a lower cost, however, clearly, the ones I have are not good.

We'll see that they have to say. I am hopeful that 'common business sense' will prevail!

M

It already has, if they gave refunds for faults with 2 year old goods they'd open themselves up to mayhem.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Considering their whole business model is to sell golf balls in large batches, I agree with mikseymono that for them to just say it's outside the 30 day window for complains is not on. Your first two or three boxes might have been ok, then the fourth box full of utter rubbish that splits when you hit it, and you've got no comeback on them because 30 days has past? That doesn't sound right to me. Two years is probably pushing it because from their perspective they've got no proof that you haven't been using them for a long time before seeing the damage. But I still think if the product is defective they shouldn't be saying 'no it's outside the 30 day returns window'.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Considering their whole business model is to sell golf balls in large batches, I agree with mikseymono that for them to just say it's outside the 30 day window for complains is not on. Your first two or three boxes might have been ok, then the fourth box full of utter rubbish that splits when you hit it, and you've got no comeback on them because 30 days has past? That doesn't sound right to me. Two years is probably pushing it because from their perspective they've got no proof that you haven't been using them for a long time before seeing the damage. But I still think if the product is defective they shouldn't be saying 'no it's outside the 30 day returns window'.

agree......guess this is the problem with bulk buy with their production issues/problems.....

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Just ordered some Vice Pro's for myself and two mates.

Will give some feedback on here once we've had chance to test - I've played a few I've found out on the course and I personally thought they were good - had an Eagle on a Par 5 with one!

I've normally lost a ball before 2-3 rounds so not sure I'll notice the discolouration effect haha

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I've only used one and it was the Pro +, it lasted 2 rounds before I left it on the course for someone to find.

Performance wise, couldn't complain. It went just as far as Pro V's, appeared to drop and stop just as quick, grab around the green etc.

It wasn't terrible with regards to durability either, it took a few wedge shots and whilst it was scuffing so do other comparable balls that I use, discolouration wasn't terrible either.

I believe this was a brand new ball from a new batch that I was given.

If I hadn't got 4 dozen pro v's in the loyalty scheme I'd most certainly look at bulk ordering. My pro v's after 1-2 rounds get sent to one of the shag bags for practice rounds or sessions dependent on damage.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just ordered some Vice Pro's for myself and two mates.

Will give some feedback on here once we've had chance to test - I've played a few I've found out on the course and I personally thought they were good - had an Eagle on a Par 5 with one!

I've normally lost a ball before 2-3 rounds so not sure I'll notice the discolouration effect haha

which ones you get? the Pro Plus...........mine discolour within the first 5 holes.

It seems from the comments on this forum that quality of ball offered differs from person to person...as in the product is clearly different for some and is not uniform...bit of a lucky dip!

Kennysarmy

Visit site
which ones you get? the Pro Plus...........mine discolour within the first 5 holes.

It seems from the comments on this forum that quality of ball offered differs from person to person...as in the product is clearly different for some and is not uniform...bit of a lucky dip!

Two of us went for the PRO and one guy for the PRO PLUS.