Vice Golf balls.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I use the Pro + in the Summer & like it so much I bought 10 dozen when they were doing free logos. Having the logo means there's little chance of playing the wrong ball & I've even had lost balls handed back to me. I had some correspondence with a guy at Vice quality control. He said that the Surlyn cover reacts to some fertilizers but that doesn't explain why other balls don't discolor as much. The latest batch I have seem OK, but it doesn't really bother me anyway. In the winter I use the Vice Drive, which are only 79p each if you buy 60. Have never noticed any difference in performance between the Pro + & the Pro V1.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use the Pro + in the Summer & like it so much I bought 10 dozen when they were doing free logos. Having the logo means there's little chance of playing the wrong ball & I've even had lost balls handed back to me. I had some correspondence with a guy at Vice quality control. He said that the Surlyn cover reacts to some fertilizers but that doesn't explain why other balls don't discolor as much. The latest batch I have seem OK, but it doesn't really bother me anyway. In the winter I use the Vice Drive, which are only 79p each if you buy 60. Have never noticed any difference in performance between the Pro + & the Pro V1.

I love the concept and really bought into them...even bought a pair of the Pure Gloves....lovely.....it's just the fading colour, I mean, no other ball I have bought does this...surely a simple manufacturing issue. Maybe the newer batch are better...mine are 18 months old....if they were to sort this out I'm in!

M

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I love the concept and really bought into them...even bought a pair of the Pure Gloves....lovely.....it's just the fading colour, I mean, no other ball I have bought does this...surely a simple manufacturing issue. Maybe the newer batch are better...mine are 18 months old....if they were to sort this out I'm in!

M

If you like the concept try these...

https://www.snellgolf.uk

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I play them. AS already been mentioned they can discolour quite quickly, but I can live with that. Have probably seen up towards 6-7 comparisons between them and Pro V’s where the numbers are pretty much identical so don’t see the point in paying double the price.

Great input jacko. 👍

You are most welcome.

As mentioned they look like a smokers finger, they don't fly as far, they feel nasty and look worse.

Not for me. 🏌️👍

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Am sure man in black uses them. He sent half a dozen down. I gave them a good soak in bleach to clean them before passing them onto baghead. The balls turned pink.

Why in the name of all that is holy are you bleaching balls. Studies have shown being underwater or even in the rough for a week or so has a large impact on the ball's properties and performance. So why would you put them in something that is designed to break down things at a molecular level

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I ordered a vice selection pack few weeks back

Have to say the matt finish on the the pro soft balls is shocking. Looked battered after just 4 or five holes. Seeping yellow stains and scuffs.

I will see what the other balls behave like

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
shocking indeed....getting loads of emails from Vice wanting me to order more balls but with FREE postage. I fear their days are numbered as they clearly haven't sorted out this long standing issue and are loosing customers.....hence all these emails........shame.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
shocking indeed....getting loads of emails from Vice wanting me to order more balls but with FREE postage. I fear their days are numbered as they clearly haven't sorted out this long standing issue and are loosing customers.....hence all these emails........shame.
Considering they’ve been doing limited releases of hats, bags etc and selling out. I think they’ll be ok. They usually do an offer every few months and spam you 2 or 3 times before the offer expires.

Re the discolouring. The matte finish does pick up a lot of grub although scrubs up well with a bit of water. The others I find are fine. I certainly tend to lose em before I’m concerned about them being shiny.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Considering they’ve been doing limited releases of hats, bags etc and selling out. I think they’ll be ok. They usually do an offer every few months and spam you 2 or 3 times before the offer expires.

Re the discolouring. The matte finish does pick up a lot of grub although scrubs up well with a bit of water. The others I find are fine. I certainly tend to lose em before I’m concerned about them being shiny.

Even the yellow and orange premium balls are absolutely dreadful. The finish cracks and looks cheap and nasty after a few holes. I certainly would never buy them again.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Even the yellow and orange premium balls are absolutely dreadful. The finish cracks and looks cheap and nasty after a few holes. I certainly would never buy them again.
I’ve used them for years and can’t say I’ve ever noticed the finish cracking.

But balls seem to be a personal thing for us all.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't think 'OK' is good enough in this cut throat internet golf world ....so many better deals out there on the web these days. I wish them luck but with my second bulk order having exactly the same discolouring issue as the first lot I bought I shan't be buying from them again. Still got a whole box to go through first though........:)

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
good to know on the orange...thought at least the glossy finish might be better........I wonder if Vice read these forum chats and respond....I mean, we can't all be wrong and imagine it will be a simple manufacturing correction to get a better longer lasting glossy ball........

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't think 'OK' is good enough in this cut throat internet golf world ....so many better deals out there on the web these days. I wish them luck but with my second bulk order having exactly the same discolouring issue as the first lot I bought I shan't be buying from them again. Still got a whole box to go through first though........:)

Doing ok is simply a phrase. A company selling all its stock and having waiting lists is a good sign imo.

Obviously if the quality isn’t up to scratch I’d not expect anyone to reorder. But going by YouTube reviews as well as magazines etc their balls seem to be comparable to all the top manufacturers offerings in regards performance. I’d be amazed if any of the other offerings are available at £21 for 12 balls in regards to better deals though. But again it’s only value to those who rate the balls.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
so just a question of longevity....on a Pro 1, for example, if you never loose the ball, how many holes will it last before you have to change it out for a new one? Having changed clubs now there is less water to gobble up your ball so hence I am noticing far more that a ball that is lasting more than one round is so discoloured even with me washing afterwards....was a big fan of the Srixon AD333 Tour before my Vice order...currently sub £20 for 12 at 'CHG'........this is where I'll go next for my big ball purchase.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
so just a question of longevity....on a Pro 1, for example, if you never loose the ball, how many holes will it last before you have to change it out for a new one? Having changed clubs now there is less water to gobble up your ball so hence I am noticing far more that a ball that is lasting more than one round is so discoloured even with me washing afterwards....was a big fan of the Srixon AD333 Tour before my Vice order...currently sub £20 for 12 at 'CHG'........this is where I'll go next for my big ball purchase.

Try Snell. Tremendous, no discolouration and great performance. I beat the drum about these quite a lot. Need to put in another order soon myself.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok...to put this to bed...on my part....I have just spent 5mins washing my three balls in warm water and have given them a good scrubbing.......two are brand new, one of which has a very strange print defect and the third ball has been used for 22 holes only.......you can clearly see the discolouration on the third.

small vice.jpg

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Ok...to put this to bed...on my part....I have just spent 5mins washing my three balls in warm water and have given them a good scrubbing.......two are brand new, one of which has a very strange print defect and the third ball has been used for 22 holes only.......you can clearly see the discolouration on the third.

View attachment 27439
Send the pic to vice. They’re usually interested in anyone a issues.