Vice Golf balls.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even if you'd hit a wall or tree that is still poor compared to other balls. Believe me I know 🙄

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To clarify...I hit no trees or walls from the tee to green. Teed off from the 1st ..hit ball landed on lush fairway......walked to ball.....hit ball again..landed on soft green. Two shots only with a brand new ball. Marked ball and then saw the state of it. My boxes of balls are all stored in my house and only ever take a couple of sleeves out with me and then I always store my clubs in my house as well.

I will be interested to see what Vice say. I shall pass on the results so you can form your own opinions. Not going to completely rubbish them yet...I shall give them a chance at least to rectify the issue.

M

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This whole thread is pretty appalling PR for Vice really. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole after reading this!

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are hardly going to rush to respond - surely if they offered a refund for the ball discolouring that would open the floodgates to all purchasers? Obviously an issue, but they are not going to admit the product is not fit for purpose, commercial suicide.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
well..they have always responded to me within two days.....so not going to rubbish them just yet.
It's a shame, as I love the concept...the discolouration is a pain so soon into a round and maybe down to a bad batch...but the cracking/peeling of the ball is in a different league of failure which is really disappointing.

I'll give them a chance to respond and let you know.

M

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They are hardly going to rush to respond - surely if they offered a refund for the ball discolouring that would open the floodgates to all purchasers? Obviously an issue, but they are not going to admit the product is not fit for purpose, commercial suicide.
But maybe to an isolated rubbish batch of balls they would...........we'll see......

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

I've tried the Vice Pro in the past and like others was put off by the discolouration. Also tried Snell balls (preferred the 3 piece (black?) to the 4 piece (red?)) as it felt less clickey. Ordered a dozen Pearl balls the other day, waiting for them to arrive to try them. I usually play Pro V1x or TP5x

https://www.pearlgolf.co.uk/PURE-PRO-X-WHITE.html

Visit site
No issue with me. My ball after last Sunday’s round of 75. Still white no discolouration or splits 👍🏻

Attachments

• 9D65A56C-63A7-4E62-8133-7ADCBD83872D.jpeg
    9D65A56C-63A7-4E62-8133-7ADCBD83872D.jpeg
    658.4 KB · Views: 13

Visit site
Lovely...packet fresh.

Can I ask6535 when you bought them? As in how old they are? Thank you in advance.

M
Tbh I can’t remember when, it wasn’t this year more like mid to back end of last year. I’ve got about 7dozen stored in a dark cupboard somewhere.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just that I bought mine in July 2017.......if yours were say April 2018 then maybe....just maybe.....my older batch were poorer quality and they have resolved manufacturing issues since then.......

Anyhow's, I still await Vice's comments.

M

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've tried the Vice Pro in the past and like others was put off by the discolouration. Also tried Snell balls (preferred the 3 piece (black?) to the 4 piece (red?)) as it felt less clickey. Ordered a dozen Pearl balls the other day, waiting for them to arrive to try them. I usually play Pro V1x or TP5x

https://www.pearlgolf.co.uk/PURE-PRO-X-WHITE.html

You may be interested in this

Visit site
Played a further 9 holes and some additional chipping around the green with the vice pro plus in photo above and it still looks exactly the same.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played a further 9 holes and some additional chipping around the green with the vice pro plus in photo above and it still looks exactly the same.
nice...well jells...........playing on Sunday...so can test the rest of my box..........still no reply from Vice........all gone quiet over there...

M