USPGA - how to watch?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Signed up. Credit card details given - despite it being "free".
Then cancelled the pass, so that it would indeed be free, and wouldnt bill me, as have no intention of staying with them.
But that was a mistake. If you cancel, it doesnt cancel on the renewal after your free 7 days, as Now TV or as you might expect. It cancels instantly. So I had my free viewing pass for all of 20s. And wont now see the USPGA. What a swindle.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Signed up. Credit card details given - despite it being "free".
Then cancelled the pass, so that it would indeed be free, and wouldnt bill me, as have no intention of staying with them.
But that was a mistake. If you cancel, it doesnt cancel on the renewal after your free 7 days, as Now TV or as you might expect. It cancels instantly. So I had my free viewing pass for all of 20s. And wont now see the USPGA. What a swindle.

I'm torn here, on the one hand I feel for any golf fan who wants to watch some golf and cant (for whatever reason)

On the other hand I must admit to a wry smile when I read your tale. A common (some might say cunning) plan to play the system again with no downside... but thanks to how many times its been done with Netflix, Now etc etc the system has been learning and this time it bit back!

Hope you find a way to create another free trial registration but thanks for the chuckle :thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm torn here, on the one hand I feel for any golf fan who wants to watch some golf and cant (for whatever reason)

On the other hand I must admit to a wry smile when I read your tale. A common (some might say cunning) plan to play the system again with no downside... but thanks to how many times its been done with Netflix, Now etc etc the system has been learning and this time it bit back!

Hope you find a way to create another free trial registration but thanks for the chuckle :thup:

Isn't the one-off for the USPGA something like £4.99

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Isn't the one-off for the USPGA something like £4.99

Think the ongoing monthly cost is yes, but that wouldn't be due until after the 7 day free trial period, which would give people the change to watch the golf and still cancel before 1st months payment due to be taken
Also the reason they need your credit card for a free trial, so that they don't have to recontact everyone who's happy and wants to continue with the service (& temporarily restrict access again because it may take several days or more for them to enter CC details) all a bit messy unless you take credit card details up front

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sounds a bit dodgy giving credit card details to a company I've never heard of, to watch their "free" coverage :mad:

Shame that coverage has been a bit of a balls up the last couple of years, will do no favours especially with the cricket and football on.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In my i newspaper today talking USPGA Eleven Sports got quite a positive write up as being a pointer to the way ahead for watching sport...

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds a bit dodgy giving credit card details to a company I've never heard of, to watch their "free" coverage
How is it dodgy? It's simply a way of capturing peoples details so that if they continue with the service after the free trial they dont have to re contact everyone to take the payment? Fairly straight forward actually.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it's gone live on their facebook page, no sound and it appears to just be a rolling add for eleven sports.
Yeah, not sure about that. Maybe the proper free coverage does only start at 4. Oh well, I'm at work anyway, I'll just check the leaderboard for now.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How is it dodgy? It's simply a way of capturing peoples details so that if they continue with the service after the free trial they dont have to re contact everyone to take the payment? Fairly straight forward actually.

If the offering is decent am sure people would have no problem signing up after the trial.

As it is, asking for card details for a free trial is asking for trouble once people forget to cancel.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the offering is decent am sure people would have no problem signing up after the trial.

As it is, asking for card details for a free trial is asking for trouble once people forget to cancel.

But that's all clear when you sign up, that's not Elevens sports problem really. It's no different from Netflix offering a trail you still have to put your card details in and cancel before the of the trail. If you can't remember to cancel put a reminder on your phone or calendar.