USPGA - how to watch?

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
What does that even mean? They're never going to be able to shut down IPTV or internet streaming. They can shut down certain websites but they're never going to shut it down completely. They'll get shut down, and re-form the next day with a slightly different web address and even harder to locate servers.

Will be signing up for ElevenSports this week. Can't argue with a free trial. Just hope the coverage isn't horrendous.

I don't know IPTV but is it similar to Mobdro. Which is essentially just a site that links to streams. So you can't really shut them down, you can **** down the individual streams, but as you say they will just reappear on a different IP

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like the app is now available on the google play store.
Oh dear. Just read the reviews and everyone is saying there is no function to cast it to your TV. What an absolute disaster. I shan't be sitting there watching it on my phone all weekend, that's for sure.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Oh dear. Just read the reviews and everyone is saying there is no function to cast it to your TV. What an absolute disaster. I shan't be sitting there watching it on my phone all weekend, that's for sure.

Ill be playing it on the laptop and connecting via hdmi.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ill be playing it on the laptop and connecting via hdmi.
I don't really have a functional laptop. Mine is ten years old, they no longer release updates for the operating system or the browsers so a lot of streaming websites don't work on it. :(

Hopefully I can make the Eleven app work on my iPad though. I normally watch Sky on there so that will be same as normal I guess.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site

On an Android phone it doesn't matter if the app has casting built in. Just cast your phone using the Google Home app and then open any app you like, it will be displayed on the TV.

Edit: From your last post it seems that you're with Apple so not relevant to you, but may help others.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am ignoring it, as are most of the guys I play with at my golf club. This sort of experiment is just daft. It isn't going to get youngsters into golf, just because you can stream it from a dodgy web site, or from a free one week trial on an app. Most of that age group think golf is for their grandad, and won't bother.
I would have more respect for the USPGA if they had tried this experiment in the states first, but it is on proper telly over there, so no risk.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
On an Android phone it doesn't matter if the app has casting built in. Just cast your phone using the Google Home app and then open any app you like, it will be displayed on the TV.

Edit: From your last post it seems that you're with Apple so not relevant to you, but may help others.
No, my phone is Samsung. We have a Google chromecast too, but the reviews said this doesn't work with that. I don't know though, I'll have to try it out obviously. There might be a way, it just didn't look good from the app reviews.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
No, my phone is Samsung. We have a Google chromecast too, but the reviews said this doesn't work with that. I don't know though, I'll have to try it out obviously. There might be a way, it just didn't look good from the app reviews.

Ahh, I wonder if the app is circumventing the casting somehow then. Not seen that before, but then again I don't use lots of apps.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Are you sure?

my sky q always blocks when sending from android.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't really have a functional laptop. Mine is ten years old, they no longer release updates for the operating system or the browsers so a lot of streaming websites don't work on it. :(

Hopefully I can make the Eleven app work on my iPad though. I normally watch Sky on there so that will be same as normal I guess.

Forst two days free on their YouTube and Facebook channels too. Most smart TVs will have YouTube built in. So could be an option.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forst two days free on their YouTube and Facebook channels too. Most smart TVs will have YouTube built in. So could be an option.
Yeah that seems easy enough, I'm just thinking about the Saturday and Sunday. No doubt I'll be banished to watching it on the iPad anyway by the missus so won't be an issue. :rofl:

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm torn here as the USPGA is, for me, the least interesting Major of them all.

I may try Youtube on my TV tomorrow and Friday, but if its numpty commentators and adverts every 3 minutes they can whistle.

I agree with Gary and Phil, 'what a mess' and this will do little or nothing to grow the sport to a wider audience. I can't see how a further splintered market works in anyone's favour.