Tyrrell

D

Deleted member 1147

Nice one
He wasn’t having a good day today
Got a bit too wound up like a petulant child and it got to his game.

Like a bit of passion, but needs to learn how to control it
I thought it was the fact he kept hitting the ball in the air rather than keeping it low, that cost him!?!
:rolleyes:

Wolf

Visit site
From what I watched seemed a little poor on shot choice the wind blowing looked like he needed to keep it down A lot more. But sure he knows better than I do.

Something about him though just can't bring myself to really support him, can't even give a good reason why, I do enjoy watching Fleetwood though.

D

Deleted member 15344

Give him a break. I would think he’s running on fumes after last weekends efforts. He wears his heart and emotions on his sleeve.
Yep - like Hatton , he is clearly an emotional bloke and you see it in his game , would rather him than the robots like Spieth etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

lol if Spieth was British and Hatton American youd be supporting the respectable Brit not the angry unlikeable American.

Do you mean in the same way I prefer Reed to Spieth :rolleyes:

boyatthebay

Hacker
Visit site
Followed him for first 6 holes yesterday and all he did was moan about everything, hardly spoke to Els or the amateurs with them. His caddie must have some patience, considering the
way he behaves. Not a fan and quite enjoyed him crumble today.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you mean in the same way I prefer Reed to Spieth :rolleyes:

Good grief - has Reed got so unpopular over there that they’re trying to make him british?

I get the point you’re making regarding showing some passion,but there is a million miles between spieth and Hatton which involves passion but not petulance and a short fuse. My view is that this holds Hatton back more than it helps him, which is a shame because he’s a fine player.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't mind Hatton, in fact I quite like some of the spirit he clear shows and is obviously a good player.

I do though find it quite intriguing that someone like Rory gets panned by some public (including forum members) and the media, but Hatton having his Dad as a coach is hardly ever mentioned. I personally don't think he needs to change it and his dad clearly knows his swing inside out, but I do find it curious as that seems a more important and specific role than the caddy.

Wolf

Visit site
Followed him for first 6 holes yesterday and all he did was moan about everything, hardly spoke to Els or the amateurs with them. His caddie must have some patience, considering the
way he behaves. Not a fan and quite enjoyed him crumble today.

Exactly the same when we followed him & Casey at the Ryder Cup, all he did was bemoan his luck or the breeze or something that was not his fault so to speak. Hardly spoke to Casey offering support until Casey asked him for a read on the greens or went to him with the fist pump. He's a good player and wouldlove to see him do well as a Brit but its the other bits that stop me warming to him and not even look for his results.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching him yesterday was like a game of two halves,all was going Rosie when he was 4 ahead.When things started to turn he capitulated quite quickly making mistake after mistake.At the end of the day he’s human and was down on himself,I can’t see anything wrong with that.I believe he has actually calmed down over the last 2 years.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I've just photographed the Dunhill all week and saw Tyrrell for several holes every day except Saturday (I was at Carnoustie that day) - can't see where the hate comes from - he shows disappointment when he hits a bad shot but so do lots of other golfers. He was having a laugh with Ruud Gullit and his playing partners at times and it was the same when he was with Jamie Dornan last year.

And he's a cracking golfer

1046989634-1024x1024 (1).jpg