Quick poll... Hatton’s hoodie: yes or no?

Are you a fan of Hatton’s hoodie?

• Yes

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Couldn’t care less

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • What’s a hoodie?

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I can imagine the marketing guys in their brainstorming sessions. Sorry it's now called ideation.

"How can we premiumize our hoodies to achieve penetration at a higher price point?"
"Wedding hoodies - we can charge double."
"Nice idea."
"Golf hoodies - we can charge triple!"
"Bingo."
Apple Air hoodie - hood comes at an additional cost

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I’ve just ordered a Galvin Green hoodie, can’t wait to wear it out on the course this year, albeit I’ll be nervous about being told I can’t lol
Seeing that every second topic on here has people talking about how ridiculously overpriced bucket list golf courses, clubs, club fitting etc. are I have to say is that the £149 Dante one? Madness ;)

sunshine

Visit site
I have to say I always giggle when I see the names of GG gear. I wonder if the GG guys are deadly serious or do they have a giggle too.

Today I will be wearing my Dwight mid layer under my Nigel anorak and Rupert trousers.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Yes or no?

This particular hoodie, not the concept of hoodies

Attachments

• 15135E7C-E491-41D4-8DB4-C2D54999CC57.jpeg
    15135E7C-E491-41D4-8DB4-C2D54999CC57.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 15
D

Deleted member 15344

Yes or no?

This particular hoodie, not the concept of hoodies

It’s the same as the Hatton one - just in white but it doesn’t seem to sit right on him.

Think they are very nice - shame you can’t buy them anywhere

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I personally wouldn't wear a white one - I know I'd do something silly like accidentally wipe mud off my hand and ruin it. And the more times you wash it the worse it looks. I tend to stick to dark colours for outerwear.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Despite an incredible physique Johnson strangely looks odd in most clothes. Think the white is bad but would consider one in baby blue

marcotuck

Visit site
Haha, that's funny. I've been seeing some jokes about his clothes for years. Why is everyone picking on his Long Hoodie? These are ordinary clothes that other people wear. If he wore a tennis skirt, then we could make up jokes and make memes. But a hoodie is just a hoodie. People, calm down. Keep Calm and accept his hooded sweatshirts. LOL. Thanks for your attention. In general, I found it funny because of the answer options of your survey. What's next? Hutton in a raincoat and rubber boots? What?

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
There was a junior open at my course a few weeks ago. Some seriously good golf swings on show from these teenage boys and girls. A huge number of them were wearing hoodies... when a year ago I doubt any of them would have. Not golf specific hoodies, just ordinary hoodies that they normally wear all the time. This is progress.

D

Deleted member 29109

There was a junior open at my course a few weeks ago. Some seriously good golf swings on show from these teenage boys and girls. A huge number of them were wearing hoodies... when a year ago I doubt any of them would have. Not golf specific hoodies, just ordinary hoodies that they normally wear all the time. This is progress.

And I bet they did less damage to the course than many seniors who wear the "correct" attire.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m 100% behind advances in golf attire both as fashions move on and also textiles. I wear a hoodie when sofa surfing or popping to shops etc, but I just don’t see it functional on the course

D

Deleted member 29109

I’m 100% behind advances in golf attire both as fashions move on and also textiles. I wear a hoodie when sofa surfing or popping to shops etc, but I just don’t see it functional on the course

Functionality has very little to do with golf attire. A polo neck is no more functional than a round neck t shirt. Same with trousers v jeans v joggers.