6 holes with Rory McIlory....

EZprophet

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies! Thought I'd gone on a bit so glad you enjoyed...

If your dad needs a new son just let me know :)

Great story, I bet you're glad you had 12 holes to warm up :D

Ha sorry mate, I'm not sharing my old man with anyone!

I was certainly pleased to play with him for our last 6 holes. I'm not sure I would've taken on the drive had it been my first shot of the day!

As to what happened on the green, it was captains choice don't forget, so after we made the easy decision to take my drive over Rory's *ahem*, the four of us amateurs all took on the 40 foot putt. (once you decide not to take your pros shot, you don't get to use him for the rest of the hole as he just plays his own ball no matter what...) My dad putted it to about 3 feet and then I stepped up and left my putt about 10 feet short!! Didn't matter though obviously as we just took my dads putt and one of the others in the group putted it in for our birdie. I'm glad it was captains choice as I almost certainly would've three putted for par!!

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
As much as I would love to play with a pro I think I'd probably be comfortable simply walking around with him and leave the clubs in the car.

Big kudos for having the guts to take on that first drive though. Bet there aren't many who would surprise Roy like that.

S

Snelly

Brilliant for you you Dan. Must've been a superb experience. Top drive too.

Well written and thanks for sharing the story and photos.

Snelly.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It looks like it was an amazing experience Daniel, thanks for sharing. Also great job on driving the green, that takes real guts.

I'm guessing this beats watching me hack my way round Blackmoor!