Quick poll... Hatton’s hoodie: yes or no?

Are you a fan of Hatton’s hoodie?

• Yes

Votes: 112 46.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 23.5%
  • Couldn’t care less

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • What’s a hoodie?

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

HeftyHacker

Visit site
More importantly how’s the fit compared with say ping or Nike. I’ve only got climacool polo’s from Adidas and fancy a new casual hoody for the winter. May as well support Hatton as he’s given us something to argue about

I've got the cold rdy one and its great for playing in to be fair. Its a little looser on the shoulder and tighter through the forearms so doesn't get in the way or restrict your swing in any way really.

I do wish it was slightly more fitted through the body but that's personal preference and tbh I'm probably kidding myself that it would look better ?.

I

sunshine

Visit site
I'm not sure why we shouldn't be allowed to play in sports joggers, or a sports t-shirt (exactly the same materials as a golf one these days). Maybe in another ten years we'll get there.

Seems like Finau, Jay Day and others already are?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like Finau, Jay Day and others already are?
They're not far off it, but try that at your local member's club and I'm not sure they'd be happy. :LOL: As it stands we'd have to ensure we bought 'golf joggers' to the tune of 60 odd quid, rather than just wearing Lonsdales from Sports Direct that cost you 15 but look pretty much the same. :p

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
They're not far off it, but try that at your local member's club and I'm not sure they'd be happy. :LOL: As it stands we'd have to ensure we bought 'golf joggers' to the tune of 60 odd quid, rather than just wearing Lonsdales from Sports Direct that cost you 15 but look pretty much the same. :p

A good point, I remember I was joining a club at the time that Tiger was wearing the collarless shirts and and clearly remember being advised that these would not be allowed on the course even if Tiger was the one wearing it.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've worn my trackies down at my club before and no one batted an eyelid. They are plain black with just a small logo on though so not a million miles away from just a plain black pair of fitted trousers.

I don't know anything about the history of golf attire but it feels to me like even polos were likely some sort of rebellion to the rule of wearing a collared top on course.

Fashions change. I'd just draw the line at looking smart tbh. Ie no t shirts with massive logos or ripped jeans.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've worn my trackies down at my club before and no one batted an eyelid. They are plain black with just a small logo on though so not a million miles away from just a plain black pair of fitted trousers.
More likely to get away with it in winter as you could pretend they were waterproof ones... I wouldn't want to risk it though, I'd have to take a spare pair of trousers in the car in case they tell me to get changed. And if I'm bringing them I might as well just wear them. :LOL:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
More likely to get away with it in winter as you could pretend they were waterproof ones... I wouldn't want to risk it though, I'd have to take a spare pair of trousers in the car in case they tell me to get changed. And if I'm bringing them I might as well just wear them. :LOL:

Yeah to be clear I've never worn them on a Saturday competition or anything. Just on evening rounds or late Sunday afternoons etc.

I'm not convinced anyone would be overly bothered if I did but it only takes one person to say something.