TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just started on Bates v Post Office… fascinating. It is remarkable how much justice was denied

Surprised that it is on ITV rather than BBC

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only seen episode 1 so far but the treatment of innocent employees by the Post Office is absolutely shocking and makes my blood boil. I could feel my stomach churn as they went over and over the numbers but things just got worse.

Shame on the "well you're the only one" edict...
Yes seen both episodes and am very annoyed.
How can they get away with stuff like this.
All the managers who knew about this travesty should be prosecuted.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
And that would include Adam Crozier who was CEO of Post Office up to 2010.
No mention of him in the ITV drama.
Could this be because he is CEO of ITV now?

The full true story is even more shocking than the tv drama.
Deeply worrying that our judicial system is so unfit for purpose.

crozier.jpg

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We are watching Fool Me Once on Netflix. A Michelle Keegan vehicle - it’s actually rather good. Problem is - the atmospherics music is sooo loud that it drowns out the dialogue to the extent that my Mrs has had me switch on subtitles. That’s nuts.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't wish to give away too much as some folk watching the drama might not be fully aware of the in-and-outs of the story - but the whole thing was (and still is) outrageous. Been following the scandal for some years now and so intrigued to know what they include in the drama and what they don't. Somehow think it will be a sanitised version. Sad part is, the injustice still continues and the whole sorry saga is still far from over. And the truly guilty parties at the Post Office will never get their come-uppance.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't wish to give away too much as some folk watching the drama might not be fully aware of the in-and-outs of the story - but the whole thing was (and still is) outrageous. Been following the scandal for some years now and so intrigued to know what they include in the drama and what they don't. Somehow think it will be a sanitised version. Sad part is, the injustice still continues and the whole sorry saga is still far from over. And the truly guilty parties at the Post Office will never get their come-uppance.
Our local news got onto this story very early on and so it is one I have been following for many years, as yourself. Disgusting isn't a strong enough description. Sadly I think your end point is all too valid. Maybe this drama will kick some people into action, shame them at the very least.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes unfortunately that’s how the establishment works.

Maybe the BBC should have had the balls to do it then Given the CEO is now at ITV.

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Check out the story from 2018 about the disgraced nhs boss who retired with a massive pension and then took a position at another trust.

I despair of this country.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only seen episode 1 so far but the treatment of innocent employees by the Post Office is absolutely shocking and makes my blood boil. I could feel my stomach churn as they went over and over the numbers but things just got worse.

Shame on the "well you're the only one" edict...
Actually they are not employees.
Subpostmasters are self-employed business operators, approved by Post Office Ltd to act as their agents in running post office branches (outlets)
My Mum was a sub postmaster, fortunately in the late 70s.
I remember her spending hours balancing the books and having to put Money in the till if she couldn’t balance them. Mind you, the amounts were quite small.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just finished Bosch Legacy, not really sure what I thought of it, just felt like it lacked something, compared to the first series anyway.
Just shows how hard it is to turn a book into a series sometimes.
I gave up halfway through the series. I realised I was watching it for the sake of it, not because I was enjoying it. Too many silly, unrealistic situations, the initial Maddie investigation, questioning in captivity etc.

I also stopped caring about the characters. At that point the series is lost 🤷‍♂️. A shame as I enjoyed original Bosch and the first Legacy.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
If you want some utter nonsense, try 60 Days In. Members of the public get put into jail in the USA to try and find out secrets from within the facility. It’s as stupid as it sounds but it’s also sort of brilliant.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The Post Office Scandal has been on my mind all day and every day this week.
Spent a lot of time finding out more about the true story.
Government owned business, but with little or no scrutiny of its operations by government and the government put nothing in place to do any scrutiny.
Thus we had a case of CEO with absolute power. And what does absolute power do according to a 19th century adage?

700 wrongful convictions. This is a widespread fraud by abuse of position in my view.
Planned and prolonged with multiple victims. Not an opportunistic fraud.
Sentencing guidelines for such a fraud would be 6 to 10 years.
This will never happen.
There is a case against Post Office Ltd. Not against individuals.
Since this is government owned, it is ordinary folks against the government with the tax payer forking out compensation.

We need one word for the Post Office Scandal. Perhaps POS ?

"Get POS done" is perhaps what we need to have shouted at the government.
Get all convictions quashed and all compensation payments finalised before the general election.
GET IT DONE.
They have been through enough. And enough is enough.

This won't happen either. Its going to drag on for several more years.

Complete and utter failure of government and judicial system was on our tv screens this week.
Largest miscarriage of justice in our country's history.