TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going to have to get back into that, stopped watching in S2 for some reason ?
It’s a slow burner, but the character development and story arcs are incredible. You have to concentrate and pay attention to everything as there are references bsck to previous episodes and nuances all the time. This last season has been some of the best TV I’ve ever watched.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
After all the strong reviews on here we decided to give Better Call Saul another go. Years ago we watched the first episode and for some reason it didn't grab us so we never carried on. This time we've watched the first two and enjoyed them so not sure what was wrong with us back then. :LOL: Anyway, it's traditional for us to only start watching something once the entire series has finished for everybody else, that's exactly what we did with Breaking Bad, as well as Parks & Rec, Schitt's Creek... most things to be honest.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
After all the strong reviews on here we decided to give Better Call Saul another go. Years ago we watched the first episode and for some reason it didn't grab us so we never carried on. This time we've watched the first two and enjoyed them so not sure what was wrong with us back then. :LOL: Anyway, it's traditional for us to only start watching something once the entire series has finished for everybody else, that's exactly what we did with Breaking Bad, as well as Parks & Rec, Schitt's Creek... most things to be honest.

The first series of BCS is *very* slow burning - so stick with it. once you get to season 3 it really ramps up and continues to get better and better. The character development is unreal.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
About to settle in and watch the last Better Call Saul. No spoilers but I’m beyond excited.

It’s been one of my favourite shows ever so feeling bitter sweet but it has to conclude here and here we are.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The first series of BCS is *very* slow burning - so stick with it. once you get to season 3 it really ramps up and continues to get better and better. The character development is unreal.
I’ve tried it twice now.
Don’t think I can give a series 2 full seasons to get good.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Shetland is back….. woohoo…. Didn’t realise until I found it on the sky box, season 7 ep 1 recorded last Wednesday. Carries on from the situation at the end of season 6, with the same level of quality story, acting and favourite characters.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shetland is back….. woohoo…. Didn’t realise until I found it on the sky box, season 7 ep 1 recorded last Wednesday. Carries on from the situation at the end of season 6, with the same level of quality story, acting and favourite characters.

I watched an episode or two a few years back but never got into it or paid much attention. From your tone, I guess I need to start again!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah maybe I’m just expecting it to be Breaking Bad.
It’s much, much better than breaking bad. The storytelling and various arcs are absolutely sublime. As BiMguy said, it moves at a pace much different to Breaking bad.

I watched the final episode earlier and it truly is one of the great TV series of all time. On par with The Wire (if not better).

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
The 4 episodes of My Life As A Rolling Stone, - nostalgia, memories and insights into the greatest rock and roll band ever.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Certainly Better Call Saul stuck the landing and finished well which some great shows failed to do. Still amazed that all of that came from a relatively one dimensional character in Breaking Bad

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Apologies if already mentioned but we're 4 episodes into The Queen's Gambit and it's excellent. I have little interest and knowledge of chess and so when domestic management said she wanted to try it I was less than enthusiastic however had nothing better to offer. I've been proved completely wrong and it's a great little series, it's only one season and it's 7 episodes so not much of an investment.

The other series we've started is The Righteous Gemstones with John Goodman and Danny McBride. So far only watched a couple of episodes but it's funny/light watching so will carry on.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Do you have to watch BB before watching BCS, I believe they are connected.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you have to watch BB before watching BCS, I believe they are connected.
Hmm, not sure. Breaking Bad was a long time ago. This is set before BB like a prequel, there's a few little nods to BB that you might miss but other than that I think it stands alone pretty well.

Worth watching BB anyway if you haven't, it was incredible.