TV Series - What Are You Watching?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you have to watch BB before watching BCS, I believe they are connected.

good question. I would say probably better but only because BB was before and some things in BCS will link to BB - but think the other way and you are seeing these triats etc before they happened in BB and they are not major anyway so may be just as good to watch this first

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you have to watch BB before watching BCS, I believe they are connected.
IMHO best to watch BB first, there are a few spoilers near the end of BCS about BB.
BTW BB is really addictive after a few episodes, brilliant TV.
BCS is slower but funnier, with great storylines.
Most of the characters from BB, gradually appear in BCS.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really enjoyed Better Call Saul (also Breaking Bad, but BCS is better). And the final series had some true end of episode 'show stopper' moments. But sadly I thought the last 2-3 episodes got a bit 'laboured'. Maybe that was because we knew series was ending & I kept thinking 'come on, you've only got 'x' episodes to tie everything up'. But they did. Sort of.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you have to watch BB first to get an idea of who Jimmy/Saul and Mike will become and the reasons why their shared screen presences in meeting and their plots have such weight. One of the magic sauce ingredients in BCS is is knowing both their futures.

To me BCS is the better series but it’s a personal thing, I like slow films. The cinematography in BCS is much more interesting and creative to me as they had more freedom to play around based on the success of BB.

BB’s characters are a little weak and cliched at times - Skylar for example is poor and if you compare her with Kim in BCS it’s just an embarrassing contrast in strength of writing.

Anyway I could talk about them all day. They’re both brilliant but not for everyone.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really enjoyed Better Call Saul (also Breaking Bad, but BCS is better). And the final series had some true end of episode 'show stopper' moments. But sadly I thought the last 2-3 episodes got a bit 'laboured'. Maybe that was because we knew series was ending & I kept thinking 'come on, you've only got 'x' episodes to tie everything up'. But they did. Sort of.

MINOR SPOILERS

I was slightly the other way in that I thought that the post BB element was a little rushed. That said (and this purely comparitive and not critical) I was far more engaged in the development and transition to Saul than the post BB stuff and woudl have perhaps liked to have spent some time with Saul in his pomp but away from the direct BB connection.

Still, I left the series still wanting to see how the characters developed after the end credits rolled and that is always a good sign.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Watched 'Marrage' on BBC. It's awful, had to keep watching in case it got better but it didn't. Seeing it has Shaun Bean and Nicola Walker I was expecting much more.

Anyone like it?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched 'Marrage' on BBC. It's awful, had to keep watching in case it got better but it didn't. Seeing it has Shaun Bean and Nicola Walker I was expecting much more.

Anyone like it?

Sort of! Was going to post about it last night as finished Episode 3. I find it weirdly boring yet captivating. I can feel the tension in my stomach as the husband moves awkwardly around the world he lives in. That's what keeps me watching - superb acting from Sean Bean if it really gets a reaction emotionally from me. Have to quickly switch off at the stupid bloody title "music" though!!

RichA

Visit site
She-Hulk on Disney+
We watched the first episode at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of laughs.

One episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier to go, which has also been very good.

The only MCU spin-off we haven't loved so far is WandaVision, which we found too irritatingly wacky.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
She-Hulk on Disney+
We watched the first episode at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of laughs.

One episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier to go, which has also been very good.

The only MCU spin-off we haven't loved so far is WandaVision, which we found too irritatingly wacky.
Wanda made a bit more sense as it went along to be fair, I ended up liking it for it's uniqueness by the end. And if you intend to watching the latest Dr Strange movie you kind of need to get WV under your belt first.

Funnily enough we watched a couple of Falcon & WS but completely forgot to continue/finish it, pretty forgettable I guess.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wanda made a bit more sense as it went along to be fair, I ended up liking it for it's uniqueness by the end. And if you intend to watching the latest Dr Strange movie you kind of need to get WV under your belt first.

Funnily enough we watched a couple of Falcon & WS but completely forgot to continue/finish it, pretty forgettable I guess.

I was the same with the Falcon series, but I did watch it. Think it suffered badly at the hands of Covid both as to filming and plot.

I enjoyed the Hawkeye series but that I guess has been the most traditional Marvel release on Disney plus.

First episode of She Hulk was promising. Liked that it did not take itself seriously and hoping that this avoids multiverse plots etc.

The trailer for The Last of Us looks good and the game had a pretty decent story to follow if they stick to the first game.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
House of the Dragon starts tonight, not sure if I want to watch it or binge it when first series complete, decisions, decisions ?
Go old school and watch it each week ?. At least that way you don't have to avoid forums, social media, standard media etc as people talk about what has happened.