TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Newtonuti

Visit site
Just started Dopesick on Disney+, about the Oxycontin plague in the good old USA, and how it basically destroyed entire communities. Bloody crazy how they got away with it for so long due to chucking money about! Blatant lying in marketing and on packaging relating to how addictive the drug was.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Knowing that @Orikoru (I wondered about the avatar photo and now I know) and others will approve...just stumbled across Toast of London and it looks a totally bonkers hoot, and so looking forward to a splendid binge.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Started watching it last night..... fell asleep halfway through, not sure if I can be bothered to go back and catch up It didn't really grab me, but I want to like it...I'm sure I will go back at some point
Actually watched some of a long episode of the original (Barry Foster as VdV) shown last night and was feeling that I could watch from the start...maybe.

Anyway - I'm thinking that I might watch The Onedin Line when it is shown on TalkingPictures Sundays from early Sept.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Knowing that @Orikoru (I wondered about the avatar photo and now I know) and others will approve...just stumbled across Toast of London and it looks a totally bonkers hoot, and so looking forward to a splendid binge.
Toast is awesome. Obviously I was well into that at the time I registered here, and put his photo as my avatar. I think deep down I hoped that people would internally read my posts in his voice. :D

www.hiltonpark.net
Just started Dopesick on Disney+, about the Oxycontin plague in the good old USA, and how it basically destroyed entire communities. Bloody crazy how they got away with it for so long due to chucking money about! Blatant lying in marketing and on packaging relating to how addictive the drug was.
Great series. Having worked in pharma it makes me feel glad we have the systems we have in place in UK and Europe.
I really like the way they intertwine the pharma/regulatory story with the real life example. Very clever

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
She Hulk. Good fun first episode.

House of the Dragon. Guys fun first episode. But for very different reasons ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
SPRUNG on freevee, a crazy wacky American comedy. About 3 prisoners released early because of covid. silly but enjoyable, I'm on EP4 some of the quick one-liners are easily missed but are hysterical :D

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We just discovered Murder In Successville. It's a semi-improvised comedy show where a celebrity guest has to play a police officer investigating a murder mystery, alongside a detective played by Tom Davis. All the townsfolk are impressions of various other celebrities as well. It's very silly and hilarious fun. Four episodes in and loving it. Sadly there's only three series of 6 eps to get through.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We just discovered Murder In Successville. It's a semi-improvised comedy show where a celebrity guest has to play a police officer investigating a murder mystery, alongside a detective played by Tom Davis. All the townsfolk are impressions of various other celebrities as well. It's very silly and hilarious fun. Four episodes in and loving it. Sadly there's only three series of 6 eps to get through.
Great show. Tom Davis was very good in it. Depends a lot on the guest. I really enjoyed the episodes with Dermot O’Leary, Chris Kamara and the guy from Made in Chelsea.