TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Resident Alien - three episodes in - it's bonkers - but great fun, great characters - in turns dark, eccentric, weird and funny - and beautiful locations in which it is set. Not perfect - but we're enjoying it.

It really is something different and I am enjoying it. Always at least one laugh out loud line (the breast exam in episode 2, rigormortis in episode 3) definitely going to stick with it.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have been binge watching Ray Donovan , just finished S7 and ending was.set up for the another season so googled when this would be made and they have cancelled any further seasons ??.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Last night I gave myself a little taster of Tribes of Europa on Netflix. Looks like my sort of thing. Only 6 episodes so not too many evenings separation from my Mrs - pretty sure it's not going to be her cup of tea - she's watching Behind Her Eyes at the moment (I'm not)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your Garden Made Perfect, BBC2. To those who haven't seen this it sounds like a regular garden makeover show but it isn't, it has a key difference. Basic premis, a family have a dodgy garden that they want to improve, have a pot of cash but no idea what to do. 2 designers come up with an idea but instead of showing them a few flat drawings they put on virtual reality headsets to show them the design whilst walknig around it. It is brilliant, immersive, what a difference that makes. They then choose which one and you see the finished article after the work has been done. It pretty much matches every time, minimal deviation.

As an extra they also have another family, smaller garden, smaller budget. Same idea but it is the same guy who does the design each week, the owners do not have a choice. Thankfully he is excellent at what he does.

If you have not seen it before then start with last nights episode. Probably the best I have seen, what a difference. A real pick me up.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your Garden Made Perfect, BBC2. To those who haven't seen this it sounds like a regular garden makeover show but it isn't, it has a key difference. Basic premis, a family have a dodgy garden that they want to improve, have a pot of cash but no idea what to do. 2 designers come up with an idea but instead of showing them a few flat drawings they put on virtual reality headsets to show them the design whilst walknig around it. It is brilliant, immersive, what a difference that makes. They then choose which one and you see the finished article after the work has been done. It pretty much matches every time, minimal deviation.

As an extra they also have another family, smaller garden, smaller budget. Same idea but it is the same guy who does the design each week, the owners do not have a choice. Thankfully he is excellent at what he does.

If you have not seen it before then start with last nights episode. Probably the best I have seen, what a difference. A real pick me up.

Is that the one with Charlie Dimmock as one of the gardener's?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that the one with Charlie Dimmock as one of the gardener's?
No, that's old school using pen and paper :LOL:. I've given up on that. She produces a fairly regular design, the 2 blokes come up with something different. The people bottle it and go with Charlie :sleep:.

I don't know any of the designers but then I'm not a garden person so unless it is Charlie or Alan Titchmarsh then I would not know them anyway.

Thursday night, BBC2, 8pm, Angela Scanlon is the host. They do a house version but not this year because of covid. Gardens are outside so they changed it. They may have been going to do this anyway but it fits. Anyway, it is soooooo much better than the Charlie one. I think there has been 4 episodes so far but last nights was the best one. You can pick up tips from each one, it's not just about the big reveal but that part is really good still.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, that's old school using pen and paper :LOL:. I've given up on that. She produces a fairly regular design, the 2 blokes come up with something different. The people bottle it and go with Charlie :sleep:.

I don't know any of the designers but then I'm not a garden person so unless it is Charlie or Alan Titchmarsh then I would not know them anyway.

Thursday night, BBC2, 8pm, Angela Scanlon is the host. They do a house version but not this year because of covid. Gardens are outside so they changed it. They may have been going to do this anyway but it fits. Anyway, it is soooooo much better than the Charlie one. I think there has been 4 episodes so far but last nights was the best one. You can pick up tips from each one, it's not just about the big reveal but that part is really good still.

?
I know the one you mean with the house, where they use virtual reality to show the home owners how it looks?
Funnily enough we've just had a friend come round to survey our garden for ideas to improve it, he reckons it's the biggest garden in the village ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
?
I know the one you mean with the house, where they use virtual reality to show the home owners how it looks?
Funnily enough we've just had a friend come round to survey our garden for ideas to improve it, he reckons it's the biggest garden in the village ?
Yes, that's the one. Check out the show for tips. You might not be spending the same amounts but they do some clever tips that are transferable.