TV Series - What Are You Watching?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The Sandhamn Murders on Amazon, a Swedish Death in Paradise but better.

These Scandi things are good, but you have to keep watching the subtitles, I didn't realise how much time I spent not actually watching but just listening ?

Watched the first one but there were so many continuity errors, didn't go back. To be fair, it wasn't the worst, but think I'll save it until we run out of the darker stuff.

Just in the middle of the last season of Bron/ Broen, been binging from season one and it is bloody excellent.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the first one but there were so many continuity errors, didn't go back. To be fair, it wasn't the worst, but think I'll save it until we run out of the darker stuff.

Just in the middle of the last season of Bron/ Broen, been binging from season one and it is bloody excellent.

Thought we had a new one to watch but we've seen it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Finished all 4 seasons of The Bridge in two weeks. Wow.... what a show, can't rave about it enough. It is right up there as quite possibly my #1 favourite show of all time, knocking Hill Street Blues and The West Wing down a couple of pegs. Wasn't sue at first because I loved Stephan Dillane and Clemence Poesy in the Tunnel so much, but Sofia Helin is outstanding as Saga Noren in the lead role, and both Kim Bodnia and Thure Lindhart were also fantastic in their own right. Feeling a bit lost now as I've finished it, may have to start it again. It's available on BBC iPlayer, thoroughly recommended with a 10/10 from me.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watched the first two series of Marcella on Netflix, just starting season 3. Good so far, series 1 and 2 quite dark which is right up my street.

First two were OK, but she's rather annoying and it got to us in episode one of season 3. Binned it straight off the planner, not going back, which is a shame because it's written by the same guy who wrote the Bridge, and that's fantastic.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
First two were OK, but she's rather annoying and it got to us in episode one of season 3. Binned it straight off the planner, not going back, which is a shame because it's written by the same guy who wrote the Bridge, and that's fantastic.

She is VERY annoying but I've kept with it - lockdown desperation!!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've started The Pembrokeshire Murders miniseries. One episode down (we fell asleep during the second so will start again on that one) and enjoyable.

Its very good and we really enjoyed it. Strangely enough, in recent years we have found the series' / adaptations covering real life cases to be much better than their fictional equivalents. The one on Denis Nilsen and the equivalent on Levi Belfield starring Martin Clunes a couple of years ago were brilliantly done.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to new seasons or Marcella and Unforgotten both starting soon.

Hoping to have finished the Serpent by then. Glad I stuck with it, episode one was a bit heavy and hard work keeping track, but worth sticking at it! I'm 5 in I think, so almost there. 8/10

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Superstore. Unashamed plug again. I didn't know they were still making these, so have been working through season 5 and there's a season 6 to go at. It's on ITV now. Quirky but really funny.