TV Series - What Are You Watching?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I get it. There are lots of movies etc over the years I haven't watched just because of this reason. I know they will be a well made movie, but... The rule I try to stick to is that if it looks like a downer and I will likely be sad at the end....not watching it. You should see my wife's rules....if it's a kids kind of movie, no chance with her. The only one she's ever liked is the Goonies.

My rule is no sad pet movies! I watched Marley and Me once and never ever again :cry:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not convinced, not a fan of the over the top violence and how creepy it is.

wouldn't say the violence was particularly OTT, seen a lot more graphic stuff. But it is creepy, the missus hates it but is hooked. She made me check all the doors were locked twice before bed last night!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeah, I get it. There are lots of movies etc over the years I haven't watched just because of this reason. I know they will be a well made movie, but... The rule I try to stick to is that if it looks like a downer and I will likely be sad at the end....not watching it. You should see my wife's rules....if it's a kids kind of movie, no chance with her. The only one she's ever liked is the Goonies.
If you haven't watched it - in the same vein as It's a Sin (the tragedy of the ignorance about AIDS in the early days) - the Tom Hanks, Denzil Washington film Philadelphia is very moving - and the soundtrack works brilliantly, see especially for me the scene where the Tom Hanks character (dying with AIDS) plays Maria Callas singing La Momma Morta - Denzil Washington sits, watches and listens in silence...just an awesome piece of movie-making. It's a Sin takes me back to the sadness and uplifting emotions I felt watching that film for the first time - and what I get watching that scene today

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
wouldn't say the violence was particularly OTT, seen a lot more graphic stuff. But it is creepy, the missus hates it but is hooked. She made me check all the doors were locked twice before bed last night!

Seeing a woman being sat on on her bed, gagged and tied to the headboard. Too far for me. Turned off at that point.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really got into the second series of Breaking Dad with Bradley and Barney Walsh.

The episode tonight was in Italy and they've just been to Andrea Bocelli's home for a rendition of Time to Say Goodbye. Absolutely stunning. If you only watch those last couple of mins, its worth it just for that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We watched final episode of Its a Sin this evening - moving indeed and I thought they handled what could have been a very upsetting and difficult ending very sympathetically. A marvellous and thought-provoking production, beautifully acted.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a scandi binge last couple of weeks - watched Deawind, Bordertown and Trapped - all different and all very good.

Watching series 6 of Vikings - a great show. This is not the best season and suspect it will be the last but still good viewing

And watching Bulletproof - a fun UK cop drama (mix Sweeney, Lethal Weapn etc)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We finished End of The Effing World, which was brilliant, and started on Back starring Mitchell & Webb. Peep Show was my favourite programme ever, but I'm trying really hard not to compare Back to that - although it is difficult not to. Watched the first episode and actually I realised I'd seen it before at some stage, although I'm pretty certain I've not watched the series, so I must have watched episode one on TV and not followed up on it. :unsure: It was pretty decent and promising though anyway.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We finished End of The Effing World, which was brilliant, and started on Back starring Mitchell & Webb. Peep Show was my favourite programme ever, but I'm trying really hard not to compare Back to that - although it is difficult not to. Watched the first episode and actually I realised I'd seen it before at some stage, although I'm pretty certain I've not watched the series, so I must have watched episode one on TV and not followed up on it. :unsure: It was pretty decent and promising though anyway.
Have you tried The Last Man on Earth, a really silly comedy, my kind of humour .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you tried The Last Man on Earth, a really silly comedy, my kind of humour .
Yeah, weirdly that was the programme we watched directly before End of the F World. We started it in the first lockdown I think, and it tied in with the pandemic quite eerily in some ways - considering it was made five years earlier.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I finished watching Briar Patch last night.

Very much and off the wall with a lot of twists and turns, ending matched the series. Not truly gripping but it does have the 'what happens next?' and 'I did not expect that' feeling.