TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Prodigal Son on Sky. Decent premis, son of serial killer helps police to solve murders. Typical US fodder. Elevated by Michael Sheen having the time of his life as the serial killer, some decent stories and good police team. Damaged by some ham acting not seen at this level since Joan Collins was around by the leads mother. The leads sister is also pretty weak. In times of poor fare on the tv it just about passes, thank you Michael.

The Hunters, Amazon. Only early into the series but so far it looks very strong. Nazi hunters in the US, around the 70's I think. Powerful stuff and a quite superb start to the first episode which sets the tone. I'm hoping it keeps it up.

Is Sheen overacting most heinously? He gave it loads as an eccentric lawyer on The Good Fight.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is Sheen overacting most heinously? He gave it loads as an eccentric lawyer on The Good Fight.
I think he gets it just about right. He is clearly having fun but keeps it just the right side of wide eyed ham ?.

He is a charismatic actor but I suspect at times needs a strong director to keep him toned down.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Three episodes into something we came across by accident on Sky Crime called Outcry.
Utterly rivetting, lots of tutting and head shaking going off in the living room when it's on.
Excellent TV. We rattled through the whole series last weekend. Treading very carefully, as I don’t want to spoil. It’s a genuinely eye-opening and disturbing (on multiple levels) documentary that you can’t help being invested in.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Mandy on BBC 2 (and BBC iPlayer) is insane but very funny...written, directed and starring Diane Morgan...wearing the weirdest crooked twist to her mouth and a mega hairstyle. You really shouldn't like her as much as you do but you just can't help it she's just trying her best...kind of...

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Merson was brilliant, I used to think he was just an idiot really, but having seen him on things like Harry's Heroes (1st series as well) I really like him these days. What he said was so true - if he'd have gone to that pub they would have refused to get him a drink, but with Razor they were all buying him pints. Yet there's no difference - alcohol was killing them one way or another. And now Razor has had a pacemaker fitted. He'll be lucky to reach his 60s.

Saw this post rather late and havn't watched the programme but I see Neil (Razor) fairly often and I'm sure it's his size that has required a pacemaker - he is huge and I'd think eating is a contributing factor ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent TV. We rattled through the whole series last weekend. Treading very carefully, as I don’t want to spoil. It’s a genuinely eye-opening and disturbing (on multiple levels) documentary that you can’t help being invested in.

Watched the final two episodes last night, unbelievable story and tv, possibly the best 5 hours of TV I've seen in years.
Like they mentioned in the program, a perfect storm of incompetence layered on top of more incompetence and massive egos.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched the final two episodes last night, unbelievable story and tv, possibly the best 5 hours of TV I've seen in years.
Like they mentioned in the program, a perfect storm of incompetence layered on top of more incompetence and massive egos.
The police chief, the lead detective and the defence lawyer were Equally as scary in their ineptitude and arrogance.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
finally got to “Finnish” this last night ?(sorry). Season 2 didn’t hook me as quick as season 1, I took a bit of time between episode. Glad I stuck with it though, it was better towards the end.
I finally saw the last episode last night, you had alread done the Finnish pun so I had to avoid that :D. I'd agree with you, the story did not pull me in as much this time. The story at the heart of the last series was interesting, this one I cared less about so I felt more detached. Add to that the lead was pretty unlikeable this time, was she that bad first series? I feel like I need to ring Finnish social services and get her child removed. A for the haircut, lack of, and B she is just never there to look after him. (I may be taking this too seriously now)

If they do a third I will certainly watch it but hopefully they will sharpen it up a little.

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm waiting for Fringe to get back on free channels. Nothing like Walter saying.....well....I can't say it, I'll get a demerit on this site.....

Hoganman1

Visit site
We subscribed to Britbox a few months ago. We like the British mysteries and comedies. However, when we tried to watch season one of Vera it said we have to subscribe to Acorn to watch.
What's the deal with that?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Finished 'The Last Wave' that was on BBC4 recently. French slightly supernatural drama about a cloud that appears over a French surfing resort with some strange consequences. It was a bit hokey in places, but enjoyable nevertheless. Kind of similar in tone a bit to Les Revenants if anyone watched that.

U

User62651

Been watching Cobra Kai.

Karate Kid 35 years later!

I'll get my coat!:geek:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been watching Cobra Kai.

Karate Kid 35 years later!

I'll get my coat!:geek:
I have been half tempted by it! As its the same 'bad kid' and the original coach dude too!!

I have started the worlds toughest race, which is following the Eco Challenge endurance race, its mental.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Waiting for season 2 of The Boys on Friday. Not sure if Amazon are releasing the whole lot at once or doing it weekly.