TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D

Deleted member 15344

What a brilliant series The Bodyguard was - excellent final episode and the BBC have set the bar very high for their autumn program

Another one I have started is Strangers with John Simm

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Black mirror - season 4 - slightly disappointing but overall it's a great series - ranging from uncomfortable to deeply disturbing viewing! (especially White Bear, White Christmas, and Shut up and Dance!!).

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anybody watching A discovery of Witches? The premise sounds childish and Buffy-esque, but the execution (no pun intended) is actually really good, and the chemistry between the actors very well portrayed.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given up on Killing Eve, and cancelled the series recording. Seemed totally disjointed and detatched with a very annoying main character(Eve).
Couldn't work out if it was supposed to be a comedy or serious drama, either way we felt it failed on both counts.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Given up on Killing Eve, and cancelled the series recording. Seemed totally disjointed and detatched with a very annoying main character(Eve).
Couldn't work out if it was supposed to be a comedy or serious drama, either way we felt it failed on both counts.

I thought it was great, finished watching the series last night. Missus loved it as well. It was a drama, with some large dashes of very black humour.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I need a new one, we just watched whitechapel, while the first two were good, the later ones were a bit weak i think.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
We stuck with Bodyguard to the end because we felt committed but I'd have happily not bothered.

The premise was fantastic but the execution was rank amateur at times - I assume the writer(s) is/(are) relatively inexperienced.

The tension was ridiculous - every line seemed to be preceded by a gasp, everyone walking around with eyeballs bulging out of their skull and absolutely no effort put in to making us care about the characters until near the very end. Didn't give a damn what happened to anyone in it.

Artistic licence is fine, but the amount of inaccurate scenarios (every single police interview was hopelessly unrealistic) made it ludicrous. The story jumped about with pointless detail in some situations and then others were left totally unexplained.

No idea why the public have lapped this up as much as it had - not even close to the best the BBC will do this year and hopefully we never see David Budd again in a TV series, though they've clearly left the way open for it.

As for the final scene - pathetic, clichéd piffle.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Anybody watching A discovery of Witches? The premise sounds childish and Buffy-esque, but the execution (no pun intended) is actually really good, and the chemistry between the actors very well portrayed.

Watched the first episode and thought it a bit "meh" actually. Still have it on series link though, debating whether to give it another episode. For me True Blood was a much better production, got you in the first episode, and this didn't really bite me like that.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Bit late to the party,but just finished The Bodyguard.
Good but not worthy of all the hype imo.
Keeley Hawes was as good as ever.

Line of Duty & Luther both better for me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
New series of The Man in the High Castle. Not sure I'm liking where it's going. As a show you are struggling when you bring parallel universe into it. I'll give it another episode or two.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Just (reluctantly) watched the new Dr Who... Jesus what a load of rubbish! Scripted by some 12 year olds I think.

Really wanted to like it as well, because I think Jodi Whittaker's a great actor.