TV Series - What Are You Watching?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
How are you getting on with Strangers?

Me and Mrs Hogan have struggled on to end of Episode 6, and we rather groaned when we found out there were 8 episodes. But it's one of these things. It might be hard going, slow as blazes, dialogue pretty rubbish and just so improbable - and Simm is IMO not great in this - overacting LR&C - but we have invested so much time getting to end of Ep6 we feel we have to just see it out :(

I gave up after 5 episodes as it was just dragging on - good job now I know there's 8!

U

User62651

Mrs has me watching The Haunting of Hill House on netflix, watched 3 episodes so far. Horror isn't really my things as I dont normally scare with tv/fim (standing over a 3 foot putt for par is far scarier!) but it's an interesting enough drama, jumps around in time zones a bit too much for me but the spooks and frights are pretty decent, you know they're coming but they get you anyway, will confess to getting the odd shiver. Will stick with it for a bit longer 6.5/10 so far.

D

Deleted member 18121

Mrs has me watching The Haunting of Hill House on netflix, watched 3 episodes so far. Horror isn't really my things as I dont normally scare with tv/fim (standing over a 3 foot putt for par is far scarier!) but it's an interesting enough drama, jumps around in time zones a bit too much for me but the spooks and frights are pretty decent, you know they're coming but they get you anyway, will confess to getting the odd shiver. Will stick with it for a bit longer 6.5/10 so far.

I've just finished the series and was left underwhelmed, but I think more because it was given such outlandish reviews.

For a broadcastable TV series I think it was a good story and the end episode answered a lot of questions but left doors open. The scares were moderate at best... but I am fairly desensitized to horror these days.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched the first episode of There She Goes - new David Tennant and Jessica Hynes comedy/drama on BBC4 about a family with a disabled child. There were indeed some amusing moments - but they were brief moments of light relief from what was actually quite a difficult watch with I thought superb performances from Tennant and Hayes as the struggling parents trying to cope with and love their disabled daughter. So tough that it actually drew a few tears at one point - will defo watch the 2nd Ep.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How are you getting on with Strangers?

Me and Mrs Hogan have struggled on to end of Episode 6, and we rather groaned when we found out there were 8 episodes. But it's one of these things. It might be hard going, slow as blazes, dialogue pretty rubbish and just so improbable - and Simm is IMO not great in this - overacting LR&C - but we have invested so much time getting to end of Ep6 we feel we have to just see it out :(

Think there's 2 episodes too many. the latest episode was interesting but it has taken too long to get there.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Bodyguard has ruined me as I'm finding other dramas rather lacking.

Strangers: too many episodes, plot too ponderous.

Killing Eve: what was the whole point of what was going on? And the bungling, keystone cops nature of Eve and her gang was perennially irritating.

The Cry: The moving back and forth in time just didnt work for me as it drained the drama out of the story. Seemed like the writers were trying to be too clever.

All of which is probably too critical but two dramas have been standout for me in the last year to 18 months: Rellik and Bodyguard. Both had me gripped.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think Bodyguard has ruined me as I'm finding other dramas rather lacking.

Strangers: too many episodes, plot too ponderous.

Killing Eve: what was the whole point of what was going on? And the bungling, keystone cops nature of Eve and her gang was perennially irritating.

The Cry: The moving back and forth in time just didnt work for me as it drained the drama out of the story. Seemed like the writers were trying to be too clever.

All of which is probably too critical but two dramas have been standout for me in the last year to 18 months: Rellik and Bodyguard. Both had me gripped.
Line of Duty 👍🏻
Same people that did Bodyguard.and better imo.