TV Series - What Are You Watching?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Endeavour.
An old fashioned series that always entertains an old coffin dodger like me.
I did miss all the effing and jeffing that accompanies almost all programs these days but we can't have getting.

This is also a must watch for us... As you say, great to have a program that doesn't feel the need for 'effing and jeffing'...

However, not sure the sight of seeing large volumes of ciggies being 'consumed' is setting a great example :(...
Vey much of the times though...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just finished Braindead on Amazon, which was enjoyable. Now started Altered Carbon on Netflix, set in a very Bladerunner type environment, promising first episode.

Enjoyed Altered Carbon, very good. Warning, quite violent in parts and a lot of gratuitous nudity, but the story was good and Joel Kinnamon is good in most things he does.

Now onto "Dark" on Netflix. A german time travelling drama set in the 80's, hooked.

Last edited:

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just finished watching 2 superb series, 1st one is “Power” via Netflix. 2nd one is “Gomorrah” via Sky. Gripping stuff, I blasted both one episode after another.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My favourite programme currently is Chicago PD, currently catching Season 5 as they show it in the US.

I couldn't get into Gomorrah when the first season started, maybe need to give it another go

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Star Trek Discovery has just finished its first series on Netflix. It's Trek Jim but not as we know it. A 15-part TV version of a JJ Abrams film. Entertaining, the Klingons now look like orcs but it's short of being a 10/10. Most Trekkies really hate it but sci-fans in general are pretty much in support. Final episode had a great link back to the original series.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Enjoyed the first episode of Taken, I was concerned it might be modelled on the film too much but it would seem this TV version has potentially a better edge.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched the first 2 episodes of Altered Carbon last night. Have read all 3 books and while it doesn't follow the first closely it's definitely on the mark. Load of nudity as well, lots of willies and boobies here and there and certainly not something you could watch on your tablet on the train like my boss tried :D

Really enjoying it so far.