Trying to break 100- The 3 Goals Method

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tried again today. The basis of this really works. Doesn't work when you have the hooks.

todays score over 16 holes (2 holes shut) was................... 16 points.

Martin I think we are in trouble mate.

Have you spoken to JustOne? maybe you need "the method that must not be named"?

Being serious now, just go right back to basics:

Grip
Alignment
Stance
Posture

D

Deleted member 15344

Tried again today. The basis of this really works. Doesn't work when you have the hooks.

Stop thinking and just go out and play golf

Hit the ball forgetting about any methods on scoring lower etc and enjoy the hobby of hitting a golf ball

More thinking means a scrambled mind which means more thoughts and everyones game suffers when that happens

Clear hearts - clear minds - enjoy :thup:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Hit the ball forgetting about any methods on scoring lower etc and enjoy the hobby of hitting a golf ball

More thinking means a scrambled mind which means more thoughts and everyones game suffers when that happens

Now that is damn good advice! Listen to this man!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Don't know if I'm missing something here, but why would a 14hc follow a plan to break 100?

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site

Don't know if I'm missing something here, but why would a 14hc follow a plan to break 100?
Your right I'm thinking to much about it. I start off having a laugh and not caring and then one little shot does not go where I want it too then I start trying to hard. Oh I'm not trying to break 100 that's easy......ish. The point is a couple of months ago I was playing awesome shooting mid 70s and something's changed we're I'm gradually getting worse so thought I would simplify using this method. I drop goal 2 as I find the fairway with my driver which gets me inside 150 easily on our course it's just a over draw/hook it missing the green. I'm playing with our assistant pro on Friday morning for a bit of a laugh as we been trying to get a game together for ages and he said he will see where I'm going wrong. I will get my magic back don't worry :)

Maccy

Club Champion
Visit site
I played my worst round this weekend so I think it's time to go back to some basics. Playing again this Saturday so might try this approach to see if it has an effect on my score. Seem to be struggling in the wet mud though :(

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seem to be struggling in the wet mud though :(

Then keeping it on the short stuff is even more essential, IMO the worse the conditions the less you want to be taking risks! Your advantage over other competitors will be your lake of big scores.

Also the advantage of hitting shots that spend a lot of time in the air, 5 woods, high flying hybrids or mid irons.

Three good 5 irons can still get you anywhere.

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I played my worst round this weekend so I think it's time to go back to some basics. Playing again this Saturday so might try this approach to see if it has an effect on my score. Seem to be struggling in the wet mud though :(

With regards to the wet mud, use your sand wedge as your wedge of choice, the larger sole and lower bounce avoid you digging in. I was told that in another thread I started, and it's proved invaluable!!!!

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
So much better today. Had my shoulders closed at address causing me to come in from the inside. So started using the simple method of hit fairway then hit green which worked perfect instead of going at the flag everytime. Par 5s I would take in 3 instead of trying to get on in 2. All 4 of them played level par all with birdie putts. 20 points after 9 holes with a 9 handicap allowance. Luckily my driver was so straight today it was my safety fairway finding club. :clap: Thanks guys.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
:clap: Thanks guys.

Well on the way to breaking 100 I hope :p

What I described here is really my game plan but with all the extras for when things are not going well, to help me make a good score.

When I am playing well I will often do goals 1 and 2 together, I still believe in laying up on long par 4s, long par 3s and taking 3 solid shots to get on a par 5. Even with all of those I should still be able to shoot less than 10 over!

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I saw the OP for the first time, earlier this week and it really made sense to me. I have been playing for nearly a year and I have broken 100 once. I played yesterday, and played, just to achieve the goals. I am not a big hitter and I found that I was using my 5 iron successfully, in place of my 4 hybrid or 5 wood. Sometimes the longer clubs work and sometimes they don't!

I don't know how many strokes I may have saved, but the satisfaction of staying either on, or very near the fairway, certainly boosted my confidence and my enjoyment of the game. As a consequence, I believe my pitches to the green from 120 yards or less, were made without the desperation that I sometimes feel. I went round in 104 and will certainly continue to play with the aim of achieving these three goals. The day when my handicap falls below 28 is getting closer.