Trackman stats.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Who knows what's optimum when it comes to LM stats ??

For example, what's optimum AoA ?
Spin rate ?
Face to path ?

I'm talking driver btw.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Every player is different

With a driver it’s generally considered a positive AoA such as +1 to +5.

Path slightly in to out with a slightly closed face to promote a draw. This is optional however.

Spin, low 2000 to late 1000 is good.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
These will obviously be different subject to clubhead speed, don't know exact but must long drivers are looking to hit about 5-6 degrees up and about 2 degrees in to out to gain max distance. Strike location and clubspeed affect spinrate as much as anything, as a rule the higher on the face you hit the ball the less it will spin

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My average AoA was 0.5 which I think is rubbish. Spin rate 2200, which seems fine, Club path 2.1, face to path 0.1.

Stats look pretty good apart from AoA so tried to change that tonight, big over draw in to the woods both times...:sbox:

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
I don’t think that an AOA of 0.5 is bad at all, my understanding is that anything above zero is good.

Smash factor should be as close to 1.5 as possible, this is a good indication of quality of strike.

Plus I think that the launch angle ideally is about 12 degrees

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Alot of pros actually hit about 1 down with the driver as it allows for more control, it gives up some yardage but accuracy ismore key than an extra 10 yards carry. If you really want to improve I'd focus more on neutralizing club path and face. I play off scratch and my angle of attack with irons is around 4 down and 0/-1 with driver. I can still get it out there past 95 percent of club golfers

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes angle of attack lol most pros under the gun hit about 1 down. Been the same for years. They also have the ability to hit up on it at will though but will just play the fairway finder most of the time

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yes angle of attack lol most pros under the gun hit about 1 down. Been the same for years. They also have the ability to hit up on it at will though but will just play the fairway finder most of the time

Brilliant, thought I was heading back to the drawing board after tonights drives, now I've really got not to much to worry about, just set up as normal.

How did I think a 4 degree AoA was optimal ??

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Lpga players also don't hit it as far and hence need to optimise distance, men don't tend to have the same distance issues women do