Simulators?

Captain_Black.

Visit site
I'm seeing more & more adverts for Simulator hire & even memberships.
Some reasonably priced, some not.
I'd love one at home if I had the money & space.

Anyway, I have used one on a couple of occasions & really enjoyed it, I couldn't get the hang of putting though.
Where it really helped me though is setting it up on range mode & working though my clubs taking note of the stats.
Carry / dispersion / spin / launch angle / peak height ect.
By manipulating my set up (ball position / stance width & angle of attack) then seeing how that affected the stats.
Really interesting results & very helpful.
I'm thinking of booking a couple of sessions to really try to find my optimum set up.
There is also a range not too far away which is advertising "shot tracer" which I'll look into.
Thoughts?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Putting is never worth bothering with on simulators.
How you've used the simulator is the way I like to use them, although I will often spend the middle or last 15 minutes playing a course.
Top Tracer isn't that accurate, but gives you an idea. Sadly, the "warm up" mode is more accurate than the "my practice" mode, but doesn't retain the shots, so you'll have to manually note them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I love a good simulator and playing some famous courses but I always let the software decide about putting or set it to not bother with putts at all and call it 2 putts.

I have never noticed the discrepancy in Top Tracer Bratty talks about between warm up and practice modes. I don't think it is overly accurate anyway even when having a lesson using one as I did last Thursday

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I love a good simulator and playing some famous courses but I always let the software decide about putting or set it to not bother with putts at all and call it 2 putts.

I have never noticed the discrepancy in Top Tracer Bratty talks about between warm up and practice modes. I don't think it is overly accurate anyway even when having a lesson using one as I did last Thursday
Probably depends on the range balls to be fair.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm seeing more & more adverts for Simulator hire & even memberships.
Some reasonably priced, some not.
I'd love one at home if I had the money & space.

Anyway, I have used one on a couple of occasions & really enjoyed it, I couldn't get the hang of putting though.
Where it really helped me though is setting it up on range mode & working though my clubs taking note of the stats.
Carry / dispersion / spin / launch angle / peak height ect.
By manipulating my set up (ball position / stance width & angle of attack) then seeing how that affected the stats.
Really interesting results & very helpful.
I'm thinking of booking a couple of sessions to really try to find my optimum set up.
There is also a range not too far away which is advertising "shot tracer" which I'll look into.
Thoughts?
I’m fortunate to have one in the garage. absolutely Love it. I’d always pick a place indoor where you can use your own balls over a range ball and top tracer.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Had one in my house but sold it which will be a surprise for many I'm sure.

Agree that turf practice can’t be beat but anyone who hits the range will have the same issues you quote as most ranges are all mats. Intrigued to what you’re going to be doing in there now. Have a subscribe ?

D

Deleted member 21445

Agree that turf practice can’t be beat but anyone who hits the range will have the same issues you quote as most ranges are all mats. Intrigued to what you’re going to be doing in there now. Have a subscribe ?

Yes your right and going to the range twice a week wouldnt impact my back too much.

When you have a sim in your house you can't help but go on it ALL THE TIME ? and that ended up causing quite a few issues.

Thanks for the subscribe, much appreciated ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to a range today that has Top Tracer. The only setting I used was for the distance I hit various clubs but it was nowhere accurate for those clubs. I had range balls, incoming wind and a range that is quite a bit uphill i guess was the reason as my Shotscope gives me a 7 iron average distance of 163 yards but with this Top Tracer I just struggled with my best hit of 143 yards. I did like some of the information that it gave except that whilst it gave ball speed it didn't give swing speed.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Yes your right and going to the range twice a week wouldnt impact my back too much.

When you have a sim in your house you can't help but go on it ALL THE TIME ? and that ended up causing quite a few issues.

Thanks for the subscribe, much appreciated ?
Some decent videos on there!

Yes. It’s well documented about elbow issues in particular due to over use and bad mats etc.

MariePerkins

Visit site
Had one in my house but sold it which will be a surprise for many I'm sure.

I really love it. I don't know why you sold it. I wish I had found your post earlier because I was gonna buy it from you. And if you sold it because you need a money then I can share a link with you where you can find the money loan app through which you will get a quick cash easily. I have also taken a loan with the help of loan money app and that is why I am recommending you that money loan app.
Best ever.

Last edited: