D

Deleted member 15344

The front of Royal Liverpool is stunning as well

Also like the fact they only have one reserved parking spot

image.jpg

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
The top 3 can only be subjective. Quality of Baps are a criteria of measurement and on the top of the list for me. Outstanding views are one thing, but a soft flourey bread product, preferably containing a sausage, is a winner for me !!!

Based on the above Silloth with its magnificent Cumberland Sausage Baps would be a contender although the Docks to the rear could detract from the Overall Ambience.

Also forgot about the Dormy Clubhouse at Gleneagles.. They do a great Bacon & Egg :thup:

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Most memorable clubhouse experiences for me have been ( in no particular order)

Castle Stuart - a magnificent example of a great new building and truly outstanding service.
The Machrie - cosy fire and a warm welcome, a perfect place to reflect on the special experience of playing there. ( I know it's getting a major refurb, so hopefully the magic will be retained)
R&A with a member - well, it is the R&A.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Based on the above Silloth with its magnificent Cumberland Sausage Baps would be a contender although the Docks to the rear could detract from the Overall Ambience.

Also forgot about the Dormy Clubhouse at Gleneagles.. They do a great Bacon & Egg :thup:

Those sausage barms were IMMENSE!!

D

Deleted member 18588

Luffness New, (old school, good food & gin and tonic in a goldfish bowl)
Edgbaston, (wonderful country house feel less than a mile from the centre of B'ham)
Doha GC (interesting architecture but the height of modern luxury)

I'm obviously pretty catholic in my tastes.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

You need to get yourself down to Cooden, some of the baps on display are simply stunning 😍

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I missed out on Oitavos Dunes, as I had arrived, played a round of golf, and put my stuff away before the club house opened. It was around lunch time, and didn't open until 2.

Good club house? Not in my book.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
most of these seem to have top golf courses attached, so i'll throw a random one out there.

Barton-on-Sea.

great 360 views of the golf course (including the island 18th green), stream running under the stairs, snooker room.

Great modern clubhouse imo

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyone seems to have gone traditional. For me, in no particular order, and of courses I actually have been to/seen in person:

Wentworth
Dubai Creek
Emirates GC, Dubai

There seems to be a lot of love for Hoylake, but i Was really quite meh when I was there. Just shows, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice.
Is the road a temporary affair?

The last thing I'd want as I sat outside with a refreshing drink, looking across to the 18th green and wondering where it all went wrong, would be traffic going by.

Hi Nick,
Yes I believe the plan is to do something with that path, but it isn't a road for vehicles, just golfers trollies and buggies.