Top Three Clubhouses.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just because it's still new and exciting - I love my new clubhouse...stunning gardens to the front and lovely inside. Wide sweeping wooden staircase to the 2nd floor - oh and a snooker room too :)

Wellingborough Clubhouse.jpg

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
The more people post the more difficult I think this gets as something always get mentioned you forgot about.

Blairgowrie and Crail, both fantastic.

Thinking the same Val, Birkdale Lytham and Formby Spring to mind. Saying that.. They'd need a sea view to get in the top 3.

Going slightly off topic... Blairgowrie has got to be the best all round members club in the UK if you factor in cost, Facilites,courses etc. Just a fantastic all round set up.
Cost aside I still don't think Theres many that would top it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Interesting thread seeing what appeals to different people.

I went Berkshire for the food
Royal Wimbledon - very traditional and old school but somewhere I was always made welcomed
North Hants - a club that had combined a traditional feel with a modern slant and some great views across the course. Another place that extends a warm welcome

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I went Berkshire for the food
Royal Wimbledon - very traditional and old school but somewhere I was always made welcomed
North Hants - a club that had combined a traditional feel with a modern slant and some great views across the course. Another place that extends a warm welcome

i purely went for what was inside and the experience rather than what the building looked like, though you don't get may better looking clubhouses than the R&A

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
i purely went for what was inside and the experience rather than what the building looked like, though you don't get may better looking clubhouses than the R&A

There is something rather special about sitting in the big armchairs around the fire in the Main Lounge of the R&A. Members lockers around the walls and the New Member Applications Nominations book to flick through as you look out of the bay window onto the 1st tee.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

So did I. Plenty better looking than the Berkshire and Royal Wimbledon but you go a long way to get better fed than the Berkshire and I've always been made really welcomed and enjoyed my time at Royal Wimbledon

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'll second Crail, the views are stunning and the fish and chip lunch was excellent.

Alwoodley is architecturally very good from both the outside and the inside.

Lindrick is a great members clubhouse with a lot of history and I've always felt very welcome whenever I've visited.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
R & A - I think you can only get in as a guest of a member. Fantastic experience.
Royal Troon - fabulous Open memorabilia.
Archerfield is very impressive but I am uncomfortable with someone offering to clean my shoes.

Most disappointing - Carnoustie.