Top Three Clubhouses.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Portrush
Blairgowrie
Trump

All for different reasons and in no particular order.

Honourable mention to the run down Machrie hotel (now closed for renovations) which is the friendliest place I've been in. Whisky and peat fire after a soaking and great banter.

D

Deleted member 15344

Ashridge
Hoylake
And it will no doubt be the New Centurion one

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Royal West Norfolk @ Brancaster.
Royal Cromer... strangely enough at Cromer.
Moortown

Honourable mentions for Ganton & Lindrick.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Castle Stuart
Kingsbarns
Royal Birkdale

Honourable mentions to Royal Lytham, Royal Liverpool and Muirfield for the history they possess inside. It's intriguing to see. Also Alwoodley had a stunning clubhouse.

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Loch Lomond - Fantastic service from staff who act as if they've known you all your life

Archerfield - Great service again So relaxed and reasonably priced for a high end course

The Montgomerie (Belek) - Chill on a chesterfield inside in the shade, or toast your round with a beer on a great terrace overlooking the 18th

** Special mention - Gweedore (Donegal) Spent my summer holidays in there hustling pool, drinking Cavan Cola and eating crisps in between torrential rain - life was simpler back then.

D

Deleted member 15344

Castle Stuart
Kingsbarns
Royal Birkdale

Honourable mentions to Royal Lytham, Royal Liverpool and Muirfield for the history they possess inside. It's intriguing to see. Also Alwoodley had a stunning clubhouse.

Yes agree about Alwoodly - that looked stunning

D

Deleted Member 1156

Blimey, so difficult to narrow it down to just 3.

For me it has to be somewhere that reeks of history, where you can imagine ex prime ministers sipping a G&T in the leather armchair in the corner. I hate all the new modern ones, they are soulless places.

So, out of the ones I have been in.......

Rye
Porthcawl
Brancaster

Honorable mentions to Sunningdale, most of the 'Royal' open venues, Swinley and St Enodoc.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Royal West Norfolk @ Brancaster.
Royal Cromer... strangely enough at Cromer.
Moortown

Honourable mentions for Ganton & Lindrick.

Moortown is stunning. nothing much from the outside but internally it's impressive.
I had a very good nosey round last time there. Card rooms & Smoking Rooms, every clubhouse should have them :thup:

Clitheroe is Nice.. They've got a quiet room! We need to get
Stu C up there and lock him in for an hour, See how he copes :D

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Portrush
Blairgowrie
Trump

All for different reasons and in no particular order..

Strangely I've been in all three for the first time in the last couple of years - not sure I agree with Trump though - unless they've done something to improve it since I was there last year - temporary building is it not?

Portrush is an absolute cracker

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Brancaster as it's still 1892 in there
Lytham - was totally empty when we went and enjoyed a sneaky drink in the champions dining room. Nice picture of Mr Jones by the way..
Sept Fontaines (Belgium) - always buzzing on a warm summers weekend