Tommy Fleetwood

Hoganman1

Visit site
I was pulling for Tommy yesterday. When he birdied 17 I thought we were going to get a playoff. I think the announcers had it right when they said he should have relied on his natural shot shade (a draw) instead of a fade for that second shot on 18. I'm convinced he'll get the "w" in the US this year. I'm think we might seen him battling with John Rahm for a major as well.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I absolutely hated that gimmicky golf course and all the grandstands on it.
I wouldn't accept an invitation to play there.

Fleetwood played well until getting his golf ball wet at the end. Skinny little guy, though.
The Korean kid who won is way ahead of schedule--I was much older before I got that fat.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
I absolutely hated that gimmicky golf course and all the grandstands on it.
I wouldn't accept an invitation to play there.

Fleetwood played well until getting his golf ball wet at the end. Skinny little guy, though.
The Korean kid who won is way ahead of schedule--I was much older before I got that fat.

I really liked the course.

I think served as a great example of how a course can be seriously challenging to the pros (7 under won, iirc), whilst not requiring massive length off the tee.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I really liked the course.

I think served as a great example of how a course can be seriously challenging to the pros (7 under won, iirc), whilst not requiring massive length off the tee.

We like what we like, I guess.

I haven't been a heavy follower of professional golf for some time.
I guess that's why I like a course that I would find fun to play myself.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He might have had a better chance if some idiot hadn’t yelled, “ Get in the hole”, right at the start of his downswing on the shot that found the water.

He’s my favourite golfer...and not just because he’s a Lancashire lad...honest...

He didn’t hear it apparently, the shouter was further down the hole and he was picked up by a mic.

Still, death unto all idiots who shout that kinda crap.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I was pulling for Tommy yesterday. When he birdied 17 I thought we were going to get a playoff. I think the announcers had it right when they said he should have relied on his natural shot shade (a draw) instead of a fade for that second shot on 18. I'm convinced he'll get the "w" in the US this year. I'm think we might seen him battling with John Rahm for a major as well.

Agree. He looks competitive every week he plays and has a ridiculous run of cuts made going. Just doesn't have a bad week.

Love the his swing, the way he leaves a few inches at the top of the grip so is actually playing well within himself and can control the ball really well.

Can see why he tried to play the shot into the pin and the fact he doesn't tend to play a cut meant neither he or the caddie could see it actually cutting and both felt it would stay straight.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I did hear someone yell. Also, it sounded like a football match when he was putting on 17. Some of these events are just too rowdy. I think the tournament in Phoenix in getting way out of hand. So many people don't even care about golf. They just go so they can get sloppy drunk and act the fool. It's why I love The Masters. If you don't behave they'll throw you out on you ass.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching Tommy play again soon. Does anyone know if he's playing The Arnold Palmer event?

(PS-I want some kudos from all my European friends for saying "football" match and not "soccer" match)

D

Deleted member 1147

Zing is right, win all you want on the ET, but big time is the PGA tour, although there are some lesser tournaments on the PGA as well to be fair.
...and the ET has some very big events, notably those in the desert.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi had higher ranking fields than Honda.

D

Deleted member 1147

I did hear someone yell. Also, it sounded like a football match when he was putting on 17. Some of these events are just too rowdy. I think the tournament in Phoenix in getting way out of hand. So many people don't even care about golf. They just go so they can get sloppy drunk and act the fool. It's why I love The Masters. If you don't behave they'll throw you out on you ass.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching Tommy play again soon. Does anyone know if he's playing The Arnold Palmer event?

(PS-I want some kudos from all my European friends for saying "football" match and not "soccer" match)
The 16th at Phoenix is everything I hate about modern culture. It’s like the golf equivalent of Love Island.
Made for the lowest common denominator!

D

Deleted member 1147

Reminiscent of Monty’s bottle job on 18 in the 06 US Open, but he only had an iron in his hands