Tommy Fleetwood

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure why but never really warmed to Tommy Fleetwood. I think it’s a subconscious way of avoiding disappointment because I feel he’s one of these guys that will always be close but never get over the line.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Not sure why but never really warmed to Tommy Fleetwood. I think it’s a subconscious way of avoiding disappointment because I feel he’s one of these guys that will always be close but never get over the line.

Well, he does have 5 wins already on “that European Tour”, and won the Race to Dubai in 2017. Those are petty good lines to get over.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I like Tommy too but, just like McIlroy, he's going to have to start turning some of his great positions into wins. But I think he has a great attitude, so hopefully it's not far away and then he can kick on. I think he's a good shout for a major.

Re: Azinger, I believe he's paid to promote the PGA tour above all things (ET, Masters, etc.) - pretty sure that's part of the reason Kostis got sacked. But he was very disrespectful, you can promote the tour for your broadcaster without having to disparage the alternatives.

Re: Shout at top of backswing - couldn't believe it wasn't mentioned as part of the commentary, it is possible it was out of sync technology so didn't happen when it appeared to happen, and to be fair to Tommy he didn't use it as an excuse.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Reminiscent of Monty’s bottle job on 18 in the 06 US Open, but he only had an iron in his hands

100% spot on. At times Monty was outplayed possibly a bit unlucky however that was another classic example of a car crash shot.

Shame you took the bait laid and want to continue with a disgusting angle. Trolling at its best and ignored by the mods.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I like Tommy too but, just like McIlroy, he's going to have to start turning some of his great positions into wins. But I think he has a great attitude, so hopefully it's not far away and then he can kick on. I think he's a good shout for a major.

Re: Azinger, I believe he's paid to promote the PGA tour above all things (ET, Masters, etc.) - pretty sure that's part of the reason Kostis got sacked. But he was very disrespectful, you can promote the tour for your broadcaster without having to disparage the alternatives.

Re: Shout at top of backswing - couldn't believe it wasn't mentioned as part of the commentary, it is possible it was out of sync technology so didn't happen when it appeared to happen, and to be fair to Tommy he didn't use it as an excuse.

Very well put.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
100% spot on. At times Monty was outplayed possibly a bit unlucky however that was another classic example of a car crash shot.

Shame you took the bait laid and want to continue with a disgusting angle. Trolling at its best and ignored by the mods.
Eh ?
Monty did bottle it, not sure whats disgusting here....

RangeMonkey

Visit site

Erm, what?

Possibly the biggest case of pot calling the kettle I’ve seen in years. I’m afraid you just really annoy me Jacko, much more than you entertain. First time I’m ever going to use the “block” facility on a forum.

D

Deleted member 1147

Disgusting?
How?

Just comparisons - I've compared Tommy going for the shot v's Donaldson not doing, I've also compared Tommy going for it and failing with Monty bottling it.
In no way is that trolling and certainly isn't disgusting!

Monty had a hell of a career, despite never winning in the US (or a Major), and I reckon Tommy has the chance to be just as excellent. He even has a bigger chance to win than Monty as the fields are more open now, he doesn't have Tiger at his best, or Norman or Faldo to compete with.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
fleetwood is a few years behind McIlroy in terms of big time experience and so to a degree perhaps still learning about how to win especially in the US and will only do so by competing for titles on a Sunday and in majors on a regular basis. As the RC and his wins show he does have the temperament to get it done

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I know, imagine if Rory could just win a few more competitions.

sunshine

Visit site
Reminiscent of Monty’s bottle job on 18 in the 06 US Open, but he only had an iron in his hands

Bit harsh. Monty was leading and only needed a par to win. Fleetwood was one back and needed eagle to win or birdie to tie... made perfect sense to be aggressive, just poor execution.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Eh ?
Monty did bottle it, not sure whats disgusting here....

100% correct and please read what I typed. I agree has blew up.

I think you need to read back and see that an absolute troll tried to introduce an anti English angle which was just utter nonsense. Surprised James bit on it tbh.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Disgusting?
How?

Just comparisons - I've compared Tommy going for the shot v's Donaldson not doing, I've also compared Tommy going for it and failing with Monty bottling it.
In no way is that trolling and certainly isn't disgusting!

Monty had a hell of a career, despite never winning in the US (or a Major), and I reckon Tommy has the chance to be just as excellent. He even has a bigger chance to win than Monty as the fields are more open now, he doesn't have Tiger at his best, or Norman or Faldo to compete with.

Likewise please see post #38.

You are quite clearly not the "troll" and I apologise if you thought I was aiming that at yourself. Maybe I didn't word it clearly.

?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
100% correct and please read what I typed. I agree has blew up.

I think you need to read back and see that an absolute troll tried to introduce an anti English angle which was just utter nonsense. Surprised James bit on it tbh.
I didn't see anything, maybe it was deleted?