Titliest 907 D1 or D2?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tried the D2 for a couple of weeks but I detested the V2 shaft in it. I got no response at all from it. I asked the pro what he thought of it and said it felt a bit 'dead'. If you go for one of these, I would recomend you get an Aldila shaft in it.

Andra

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the 907 D1. Bought it in May after custom fitting and I'm really enjoying it. Certainly getting more distance and a better flight than my old illegal driver. Titleist say that this is the more forgiving, less workable version of the D2 but you can get plenty of workability out of it.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was waiting for John on this one!
It's well known to be a great club, as ever with these things, the updated version ought to be marginaly better, but these things are hard to judge.
All I would say is that the proforce V2 is a new type of shaft and one that I have just turned down on a 21/3e hybrid, it's supposedly for better/faster swings, maybe not the average club player.

Dave

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you not hit a deliberate fade/draw with an FT-i? That's interesting....would probably drive me mad, but then if it's a magic straight hitting club, I might just give one a go! :cool:

Dave

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got a D1. Can still slice or hook it. Can work it too on a good day. My advice, as always, if you are thinking of buying a D1/D2, get custom fit, as these are difficult clubs to get right by guessing.

I thought I would need the Aldila proto 65S as I had an Aldila 65S NV in my last driver which I loved. Barn door and banjo though. The bore through head makes the shaft tip stiff, and so behaves completely differently to the way I had expected.

Got it custom fit aftermarket with a Harmon tour design, and now hitting it much better. Expensive mistake.

You soon get used to the D1 head shape. I didn't get the D2 because I didn't want to swear at it's 'workability' after slicing it into the bundu. Thought the D1 would be more forgiving. Nice that it sits square though. Fed up with drivers that sit closed.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's what I like about the D1. It's sits beautifully square. Great for alignment and it gives me a bit of confdence. I got used to the shape within about 3 hits.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You can work the FT-i, if you're a much better player than me! Certainly the neutral tour version should give some workability.

I think its not generally considered a 'workable' driver.

Could be wrong though, not be the first time!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Wish the D1 head cover offered a bit of shaft protection. These zippered covers are all very well when you have a nice new bag, but mine is a bit worn, and it marks the shaft. What was wrong with the old socks? The zip can also scratch the paint. Naff bit of design if you ask me. Trouble is, the D1 head is too big to fit up my cows arse (my head cover of choice).

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wish the D1 head cover offered a bit of shaft protection........ but mine is a bit worn, and it marks the shaft.

I had the same problem with my Mizuno driver and I put some insulating tape leading from the ferrol to about 8" up. It doesn't distract and takes a fair bit of friction before needing replaced at a cost of pennies.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If you have reservations about the D1, don't look at any Cobras, Nikes or Clevelands then. I think that the D1 is quite conservative given the direction club head shapes are going.