Tigers back.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Excellent final round from Tiger but unbelievable stuff from Rickie. That front-nine was just remarkable. Fowler when he's on it looks unbeatable. Long off the tee, hits arrows straight at pins, has an incredible wedge game and putts arguably as well as anyone on tour right now. He's going to have a big 2018 - expecting at least 1 major.

Promising from Tiger, seems like he's genuinely pain free now which must be huge for him. The way he was unleashing his driver was really positive, it has become a weapon again rather than a worry. 180mph ball speeds hitting absolute rockets. Great to see.

D

Deleted member 21258

Great round by fowler.

On the interviews, it almost appears Tiger is much happier or open about things when compared to his peak. It sounded like he was over the moon to be back out there in the thick of it. Hope his body holds up, he was just unbelievable at his peak.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I stand corrected. I had written Tiger off, I just could not see how someone could come back from the broken body he had 9 months ago to what I saw over the weekend.

If he did come back i was expecting to see someone who would have to swing well within him self to avoid injury, but no, he absolutely mashed that poor bridgestone ball.

Going to be a fascinating year.:thup:

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which is what he should be doing.

Which is how he got injured in the first place

:mad:

Agreed. I guess only time will tell how 'fixed' he is. He's made it through 4 rounds swinging like that with no apparent pain or reaction, which is way more than he managed last time. He was wincing just picking his ball out the hole. :confused:

As I say only time will tell if his body can cope with generating that amount of power over a longer period of time. Plus, lets face it, he ain't no spring chicken any more !

D

Deleted member 23270

Still thrashing flat out at it, give it a few months and his back or knee will go again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Still thrashing flat out at it, give it a few months and his back or knee will go again.

You have to think so with the history of injuries he has. You'd think he'd be happy to get it out a reasonable distance (and hit more fairways) with a controlled swing, not flat out. No matter what Woods did, he and everybody had no chance with that Fowler round. I wonder if this is a marker from him and he's going to really kick on and fulfil all his promise

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tiger played really well and no injury. Will be interesting to see whether he appears in Abu/Dubai and then plays Torrey Pines in January, or simply plays Torrey as a seasonal-debut.

Torrey is notoriously cold, long and has horrible rough. If I were him, I would go nowhere near it. Just play warm weather easy stuff until the important weeks come up starting in early April.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Torrey is notoriously cold, long and has horrible rough. If I were him, I would go nowhere near it. Just play warm weather easy stuff until the important weeks come up starting in early April.

Playing easy golf all winter won’t get the sharpness back. He needs to find the faults in his game (under pressure) so he can try and sort them.

I dont see someone who’s arguably the greatest competitor in golf taking the easy route.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
40 pages in and I am still trying to decide if the title of this thread is supposed to be "Tiger is back" or "Tiger's back" as opposed to his knee, feet or thighs.

Steve Bamford

Head Pro
www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk
Playing easy golf all winter won’t get the sharpness back. He needs to find the faults in his game (under pressure) so he can try and sort them.

I dont see someone who’s arguably the greatest competitor in golf taking the easy route.

Yes I think he will play in the Gulf as his season opener., where he is sure to be offered a rather large cheque to attend. He will play Torrey on the basis of his history there.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site

The way he picks his schedule will be a big indicator of how much he has actually taken on board from the last attempts to return. If he has learnt anything then he should be planning the events he plays in very carefully indeed. Torrey Pines will be a mistake.