Tigers back.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been keeping up with the event via this thread really will get to watch the weekend rounds this week so I watched extended highlights of his first 2 rounds on YouTube just now

Looking good.. could have been better with narrow missed putts aswell

Good luck to him

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This. Not sure where the comments of unbalance coverage are coming from. Saw plenty of the other players.

Another excellent round from Tiger. Seriously impressed so far.

Mainly from one or two normal sources on here. Not a fan of the US commentating team but that gripe aside I think the coverage has featured all the main contenders evenly enough. Mind you with 18 in the field no real excuse not to but certainly not as Tiger focused as some say

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Yes just my poor attempt at humour, I've never really been blessed in that department!

On a serious note I think its great that Tiger is back. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

He’s definitely carrying a paunch this week 🍺🤪

I’ve never been a Tiger fan, don’t like the media circus, but the more he was struggling, the more I started routing for him, if only to get back playing. I was convinced he was finished last year, but this week he looks really good. I’ve been really impressed with some of the shots he’s played over the first two days. Love him or hate him, you can only respect the good play so far.

Having said that, he’s just splayed it left off the first. Let’s see what happens.

With regards to the tv coverage, of course they’re going to be talking a lot about him - it’s a comeback after a potential career ending injury, but the footage has been pretty balanced with others.

I’m kinda hoping he does well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No running commentary tonight? wander why

Doesn't seem as smooth and composed. I wonder if he came out to push hard and make a run up the board and it's backfired. Another green just missed. He doesn't look as good as he did in the first two rounds and needs something going. Is it a lack of competitive play, pushing too hard, or simply a bad start to a round?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only just turned on after the football. Not the best start - sounds like he's just been missing in the wrong places. Nice to see the usual suspects are enjoying his poor play though.

D

Deleted member 15344

He is playing like someone who is rusty and the adrenaline has gone , driving is very poor , missed a lot of fairways , seems to be struggling with his clubbing - had a number of flying the green and not sinking the rescue putts - chipping is very poor

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
He is playing like someone who is rusty and the adrenaline has gone , driving is very poor , missed a lot of fairways , seems to be struggling with his clubbing - had a number of flying the green and not sinking the rescue putts - chipping is very poor

Still gonna put a tenner on him e/w for the masters tho

D

Deleted member 16999

He’s not playing well today, but, in his defence, there are only 4 out of the 18 currently under par today, the majority are struggling in the conditions.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad Tiger had a bad day today. Not because I'm a Tiger hater but selfishly because I had a bet on Hideki in the 2 ball betting. :cheers:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Is Alex Noren in disguise as someone else? Other wise, i have not seen one shot. His name appears on the board, but that is it. He is invisible.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
SSNews have shown several Tiger shots in the last hour plus one of Koepka in the water and then overshooting the green.
No word of Ricky who is 5 under after 5 today.....