Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 18588

Except for, you know, the fact Jack isn't sat inside the Top 10 at -3. Other than that, cool story.

Tiger's career will be measured by his performances in the Majors, WHO and similar important events.

Not an invitational played on an upmarket resort course.

I would personally love to see him contending again at the highest level but I am not going to get excited by him playing in an end of season jolly. (No matter how many of the top 20 are there.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Nothing but you keep posting in a Tiger thread, if you've no interest in him, why would you keep beating yourself up, just seems strange.

Sorry mate, I'll stop posting in this thread and leave it for the fanboys who are wetting their pants :thup:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I watched an hour or so last night on the Golf Channel, total Tiger borefest. Can't remember seeing a single shot by Rose and only a couple by Fleetwood. If this is what a Tiger comeback means then I'm out!

Then there was a 1hr show immediately afterwards where they dissected and analysed all 69 shots *yawn*

Ah, now that's a great point!! He is still the biggest name in (and draw of) Golf, so it's understandable that there's concentrated coverage of him for a while. But I'd certainly get sick of only watching him if he's not either in contention or making a move to be so! Coverage is already something approaching a bore-fest for a serious percentage of the time - too much switching to watch putts imo.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm not really a great Tiger fan - but I think his immediate post-round interview was spot on, he seemed relaxed, genuinely pleased, quite excited but realistic about his round - I actually found myself thinking 'good on you Tiger' - and I have never thought that before. No more Mr Grump Guy?

Last edited:

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not really a great Tiger fan - but I think his immediate post-round interview was spot on, he seemed relaxed, genuinely pleased, quite excited but realistic about his round - I actually found myself thinking 'good on you Tiger' - and I have never thought that before. No more Mr Grump Guy?

I think he believes he’s back for sure this time. Rather than a bandaid fix of the past then rush back and claim your match fit.
His mental approach seems like he knows it’s just a first round of many before he’s ready to take on the current crop of players.
His body language said more in that interview than anything words he spoke. He looked relaxed and happy to be back.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just caught his first four holes of his 2nd round and he looks good.
I cannot understand the negativity and apparent extreme dislike of a fallen idol trying to get back to a reasonable bit of form in the sport we all love.
Some of the comments re Woods are crass in the extreme.

D

Deleted member 15344

Again so far they are showing his shots from yesterday - program been on twenty mins and it’s the second run through of yesterday’s round plus a second montage ! It’s just ruining coverage of the Comp by just focusing solely on one player.

And has anything been said about Woods on the thread that is that bad ?

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Again so far they are showing his shots from yesterday - program been on twenty mins and it’s the second run through of yesterday’s round plus a second montage ! It’s just ruining coverage of the Comp by just focusing solely on one player.

Obviously not in your opinion.
I am very old school(it is an age thing) and prefer to say nothing if I cannot be considered in my views.
I am sure you will back on my case now phill but I am not up for a playground bust up.

D

Deleted member 15344

Obviously not in your opinion.
I am very old school(it is an age thing) and prefer to say nothing if I cannot be considered in my views.
I am sure you will back on my case now phill but I am not up for a playground bust up.

I’m not sure what that means but I was asking a question because maybe I missed something that was “crass in the extreme” in regards Woods - it seemed to me most of the complaints were about the coverage from Sky being focused so much on him whilst others were playing ? Had a quick look but am I missing something ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

for someone who supposedly doesnt watch run of the mill pga events you seem to be watching a lot of this one? whats different?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Look it’s pretty obvious this week was going to be about Tiger.
If that upsets you then don’t watch it & don’t keep whinging about it.
It really is that simple 🙄

Pin-seeker

Visit site
for someone who supposedly doesnt watch run of the mill pga events you seem to be watching a lot of this one? whats different?
Spot on,obviously Phil does watch run of the mill PGA events but he just said he didn’t to back up what ever debate he was deep in at the time.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Its not just that, but its a very limited field. You are going to see a lot of one player. That player is woods though. At the moment.

xcore

Head Pro
Visit site
Don’t see the problem with abit of extra coverage of tiger, you’ve seen the other chaps play atleast twice a month for the past season.