Tigers back.

D

Deleted member 1147

This reminds me of the training section from The Matrix.
“Will Neo make the jump?”
“No one ever makes it first time!”

Same for Tiger, “will he win first time out?”

Doesn’t matter what happens this week, because he is the chosen one!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been a great couple of days so far. Is Woods not the host as well as making the comeback so I guess it was inevitable where the coverage. Matsuyama has dunked a pitch so clearly it isn't just Woods having issues in that area and he seems better today with his short game

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
-3 is a very good score for anyone coming back off major back surgery and a 10 month lay-off, bearing in mind the leader is -6 who has been on fire of late.

But it's only 1 round, the real first hurdle for me is can he do it 4 days in a row.

I'm by no means a Tiger fanboy but also have nothing against him so I'm hoping he can play well and put a decent 4 day total together and do so free from pain.

Another good round. Quite a few shots left out there on the back 9 but it's a bit much to expect him to be match sharp after 10 months away so no surprise there at all.

Deffo looking pretty good, pain free and distance/swing speed right up there amongst the longest hitters on tour so all in all a very good 36 holes back for Tiger.

Hoffman melted the course today, only 4 Pars in 18 holes, great round.

D

Deleted member 15344

Has everyone turned the golf off now Tiger has finished his round? :D

Switched back over - seen that Hoffman has had a stunning round plus Molinari a cracker - Sky showing more repeats of Woods

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think sometimes people see what they want to see, watched earlier and saw all the big names playing. Thought it was fairly balanced coverage just tilted towards Woods given that is the big story of the event.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
No problem with the coverage of Tiger as he is in contention. It is when he is about to miss a cut and the tv coverage is still all about him.

His chipping was good today, so now needs to sort out his long putting. Considering his problems it is looking promising.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well he has way exceeded my expectations. Love him or hate him you cannot deny he is blockbuster and golf is much more interesting with him contending. If he can stay healthy he has proven he still has the game to compete with the young rippers, even when it's rusty. Bodes well for next year.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
no idea what you’re watching. He looks seriously fit

Yes just my poor attempt at humour, I've never really been blessed in that department!

On a serious note I think its great that Tiger is back. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's box office telly....certainly for us 40+'s it takes you straight back to the day.....got to be good for the game. Never have I watched a round more intensly...maybe the same if Nicolas Alexander was playing....If Tiger can compete and keep clean on all fronts then it is a win win!

M